Manicures for kids, how much???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michelle77

Reaction score
Hi there

I've started to get clients that want to bring their children for manicures and nail art and I was wondering what sort of price to charge and what to carry out at the manicure. I use creative solar and spa products and up to now have just been doing a tidy up and mini hand massage with the solar lotion.

I haven't got a clue what the price should be and what age groups to charge at (if that makes sense).

Any help/suggestions would be appreciated!!

Many Thanx
Michelle

Hi Michelle,
I would charge say £5 for the service you are offering the kids. I mean you do have to buy the products used and then it all takes your time.
Hths

hi michelle

I also charge £5 for nail art on childrens nails. i'll do a mini manicure for them ie) file their nails & push back their cuticles, and then give them a choice of simple designs to choose from. You'll find that you won't be able to do much more than that cos they can't sit still for much longer than about 10mins!!

We do a file, massage and polish for 5 pounds, and a little extra for any nail art. It only takes about 15 mins, and they love it, I think we do it for under 13's (or under 12's).

Mandy, I was told a few years back not to do cuticle work on children as they are too soft to work on (the cuticles, not the children lol), and if you're not careful you may cause temporary /permanent damage - but could someone in the know just clarify this for us please?! Thanks

Sassy Hassy said:
Mandy, I was told a few years back not to do cuticle work on children as they are too soft to work on (the cuticles, not the children lol), and if you're not careful you may cause temporary /permanent damage - but could someone in the know just clarify this for us please?! Thanks
i've heard this too. but again, i know others know more than me, and can tell us exactly what the truth is!

I charge £5 for kiddie manicures and nail art. i just shape and do the art. for the nail art parties I charge £50 for the birthday girl and 5 friends, they get a mini hand massage shape and art.

:) Hi there,
For the littlies [I have painted all age groups] n the lil Miss up to 16
I use the CND Scentsations....... & always recommend Solar Oil
I apply Enamel & Nail Art
I add up to $5.oo for every additive ie:
A Polish with a couple of diamontes $5.oo
With mini cuticle work/ file n shape[Solar Oil to Soften and Nourish]
& Massage add $5.oo & $3.oo including soak if they choose to .............
You get some funny characters & a captive audience also, lol ........
Hope this helps xxooxx jnail OZ

I tend to charge £5 for a 'squeak' and polish, although i try to add in a few extras to make them feel pampered too (make sure i get them a drink, but on some hand lotion / solar oil). For £5, i'll shape the nail if necessary, squeak with acetone free remover, and apply polish / nail art of their choice. I will include a couple of gems in this price, but any more than that and i charge 50p per gem.

I try and cram as much in for a fiver, cos I'm hopin that kids will talk, and eventually their buddies (and their mummies!!!) will be coming to me too!

Out of interest, I'm doing a party for a 10yr old on sat, plus 7 friends. I'm charging £10 perhead, for crisps / biscuits pop etc, mini-mani. goody-bag, and a friend is coming to 'do' their hair (put it up etc) Does the price sound right??

Thanks! x

Latest posts

Back