Manicurist Job Wanted

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aaldam

Reaction score
Hi there!!

I am qualified to do manicures but am finding it hard to get a job in a salon, they all want experienced people who have beeing doing it for a while. I thought this would be a good place to start and then I can get regular clients from that and word of mouth.

So all of you guys out there who have jobs or any advice for me on how to make a start I would welcome everything!!

Thanks

:confused:

What do you mean get regular clients from that?? You mean to start up your own business or regular clients in the salon?

Did anyone ask you to perform a manicure on them to see how you did the job??

Seems unfair dismissing you out of hand just because you do not have years of experience.

Hi thanks for replying!!

I would like to start up on my own doing manicures but thought a salon would be the first and best place to start, what would you advise??

geeg said:
What do you mean get regular clients from that?? You mean to start up your own business or regular clients in the salon?

Did anyone ask you to perform a manicure on them to see how you did the job??

Seems unfair dismissing you out of hand just because you do not have years of experience.

It is always the best place to get experience in a busy salon, but beware that if the salon is employing you the clients belong to THEM and not to you. In other words they are not your clients and to try to take these clients with you when you leave is unethical and not the way to build your clientele.

If on the other hand, you are renting space in the salon, then the clients are yours and not the salon's. If you decide to leave, you can take them with you.

Too many technicians in the UK are given a helping hand by salons .. only for them to leave and poach customers when they go and they think this is OK!!! It is not. This is precisely why so many salons do not want to employ a nail technician.

I got some of my clients poached and to make it worse it was done by someone I knew, haven't spoke since.

dawn74pink said:
I got some of my clients poached and to make it worse it was done by someone I knew, haven't spoke since.

Join the club Dawn! Most of us who have employed anyone have had this kind of trick pulled on them. Seems to be how most think you enter the business!! Does no one teach business ethics anymore?

The good news is, people who behave like this have no other kind of ethics either so they are usually history fairly soon and their businesses usually do not prosper because their whole attitude stinks.

My clients always came back thank God.

Hiya, thanks for that, I understand the issue employers have with that! I will see if I can rent a space somewhere and post out leaflets locally to build a client base.

Thanks so much for you advice :D

Latest posts

Back