Maps on websites

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kim Lawless

Grande Dame of the Brazilian Wax for Men and Women
Reaction score
I want to put a map on my website so that clients can find waxers who have trained with me. You know the ones where they click on the area and the nearest salon shows up?

Do you know if it's something I can do or do I need to buy special software?

Thanks. xxx

Kim, you can use Google Maps, and it's free.

I've already added Google Maps to my guinea pig site.

hey that was a lucky guess then hey...:lol:

Aye, well done Bagpuss - sorry I should have followed your link first, silly me!

I have also come up with some code that will tell you how far you are away from people (as the crow flies), it does some complicated maths with cosines and whatnot...

Thanks Angie and Ruth. I can't open the link as my AOHell is playing up, so will check it when I can. Thank you. xxx

Cool thanks Kim :)

Here's an example of a Google map on my guinea pig site...

Salon Guinea Pig - Find people for practising treatments, training courses, competitions, etc.

You can get the map to display by including a bit of Javascript. Adding extra markers is a little more complicated but do-able.

They also have a geo lookup service where you can convert an address or town name into co-ordinates (longitude and latitude) which you can then use to plot markers on a map.

What would you be looking to do exactly? To have a database of people who have trained with you, so you could click on a map and see markers where people are, or enter a town name and search on that - or both?

i'm loving that idea ms lawless:hug: make sure the LEICESTERSHIRE 'beaver barber' is FIRMLY on the map:green:

i'm loving that idea ms lawless:hug: make sure the LEICESTERSHIRE 'beaver barber' is FIRMLY on the map:green:

Well, I'll only be putting on there the students that excel as I want to keep the standards high ........so that would include you little missy.......but then again, all of my students excel.xxx:hug:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back