Mascara - fake lashes!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glitterxdust

Reaction score
can anybody recommend a mascara that gives thick full long lashes?
ive been usung cliniques hig impact mascara for as long as i can remember
* it gives me really thick long fake looking lashes - i always get complimented :)
*is thick so my lashes stay in position-im a freak, i use tweezers to separate any dodgy ones and make sure all the lashes are the same thickness and no thick bits.

but it seems to not be lasting as long like drying up really quick and i dont know why, ive always looked after my mascaras and used them n exactly the same way.

i used high definanition but it isnt thick enough and my lashes dont get as thick as eas as they do with high impact. and i dont really like that one

xx

Are you looking for a pro product or an over the shelf product?

Well any really, i am looking for a really good recommended mascara :)

My favourite is YSL effet faux cils. It really does lenghten and thicken the lashes! It's expensive though... over £20 and whenever I treat myself I always seem to lose it a few weeks later :cry:

And... if anyone's a fan of YSL Touce Eclat, it is currently on offer in Superdrug for £15!!! Stock up!xx

Just one question - why do you use the word fake? I believe they are called false lashes, just sounds better, sorry.

I currently use the max factor masterpiece mascara but as each persons lashes are so different it might not be the best one for everybody.

When you say your favorite doesnt last as long - how long does it actually last. I also presume you dont 'pump' the mascara wand into the liquid as that does dry it up really quickly.

Just one question - why do you use the word fake? I believe they are called false lashes, just sounds better, sorry.

I currently use the max factor masterpiece mascara but as each persons lashes are so different it might not be the best one for everybody.

When you say your favorite doesnt last as long - how long does it actually last. I also presume you dont 'pump' the mascara wand into the liquid as that does dry it up really quickly.

I probably should have said 'false' then.. i just typed and realised after fake sounds not nice!

No i do not pump the mascara wand into the liquid..i twist the brush when its in the liquid.
And it usually lasts for 1 month - i buy 1 each month. i will be buying one today but not sure to get the same.

I do use it even though its dried up because i cant afford to buy 2 every month with all my other necesseties i need!
I put it in hot water for a few mins to soften the mascara and it does the trick try to use every last bit! until i can afford a new one.

It dries up after just 2 or 3 weeks. now, could it be my room temperature? just wondered?

I probably should have said 'false' then.. i just typed and realised after fake sounds not nice!

No i do not pump the mascara wand into the liquid..i twist the brush when its in the liquid.
And it usually lasts for 1 month - i buy 1 each month. i will be buying one today but not sure to get the same.

I do use it even though its dried up because i cant afford to buy 2 every month with all my other necesseties i need!
I put it in hot water for a few mins to soften the mascara and it does the trick try to use every last bit! until i can afford a new one.

It dries up after just 2 or 3 weeks. now, could it be my room temperature? just wondered?
ive never known a mascara to dry up that quickly,i get a new one every 3 months:confused:.at the mo i use define a lash by maybelline which i think is fab but i think xxl by maxfactor would be a better choice for you as its double ended so you would get the result you wanted.hths:)

i just bought the same. but this time im going to keep it in hot water untill the water has gone cold, not sure this will solve the drying up but to me its always much more liquidy. il see how long this lasts this month!

i thought im best getting this one i dont want to feel like ive wasted my money on mascara that doesnt give the look i want!

oh and the double ended want is good but i use tweezers to separate my lashes :lol: i do love how this mascara makes my lashes look long curled thick and perfect so will stick with it...my makeup bag will look sad if i have everything clinique but my mascara hehe

thanks for advice
x

Latest posts

Back