Massage advise

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ilovemyjob

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm new to the site, so sorry if this has already been asked before but could really do with some help.

One of my customers recently said my pressure on massage wasn't enough, I've got regulars for massages already and would say I use medium pressure.

How would you increase your pressure if customer wanted it with more pressure? There's only so hard I can push my thumbs! I used knuckles a little longer for drainage but any tips welcome!

You need to use your body's weight to get a deeper pressure. When I learned massage we were taught that the pressure does not come from your hands but in the way you position and use your own body weight to transfer this pressure into your hands. Hard to describe.

You need to learn to use your forearms and elbows. I incorporate this into any massage I do now to take the pressure off my wrists. Have a look on you tube for some ideas. There's a website that's great for massage movements but can't think of the name, so hopefully someone will come along who knows. Just be very careful to not press on any bones, it can take a while to get used to not using your hands.

Do a deep tissue course. It will change the way you massage. Its all about body mechanics. Nothing to do with how big or small you are.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm looking into this myself at the moment...can anyone recommend a good course for deep tissue massage? Don't want to make a costly mistake!

I see from your profile you're in Sussex. Check out Jing Massage. They are one of the best schools in the country.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back