Massage techniques, do I need to be qualified???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billymiff

Reaction score
Hi
A couple of questions, if you wouldn't mind answering them for me please:)
Where did you learn your massage techniques for mani's and pedi's?
Do you need a massage qualification to do them?
Can a manicure, pedicure be offered without the massage service?

Thanks
Clare x

Hi
A couple of questions, if you wouldn't mind answering them for me please:)
Where did you learn your massage techniques for mani's and pedi's?
Do you need a massage qualification to do them?
Can a manicure, pedicure be offered without the massage service?

Thanks
Clare x

Man alive ... the massage is the best bit!! I'd never think of having or giving a manicure or pedicure without massage.

You can learn the massage movements on any CND mani or pedi course and no you do not have to have a specific massage qualification, but you do need to know the contra-indications to massage and the contra-actions to massage ... it is important.

It is a simple routine to learn but there is much more to massage than routine. All of these things are covered on the CND classes. I see you are offering CND manis and pedis and wonder how you can be doing them without incorporating massage into your routine?

I don't always do a massage. Although saying that when i'm asked for a file and polish i will still rub a little of the sensations or solar silk into the hands before the polish.

The smells alone are always pointed out by the client plus it gives an oppotunity to retail.

I don't always do a massage. Although saying that when i'm asked for a file and polish i will still rub a little of the sensations or solar silk into the hands before the polish.

The smells alone are always pointed out by the client plus it gives an oppotunity to retail.

I don't class a file and polish as a manicure. (but glad to read that you add the extra touches to make even that a bit special)

A true manicure incorporates massage as does a pedicure. All CND manicures and pedicures incorporate massage.

If technicians leave massage out, then they are not giving a CND manicure service.

Man alive ... the massage is the best bit!! I'd never think of having or giving a manicure or pedicure without massage.

You can learn the massage movements on any CND mani or pedi course and no you do not have to have a specific massage qualification, but you do need to know the contra-indications to massage and the contra-actions to massage ... it is important.

It is a simple routine to learn but there is much more to massage than routine. All of these things are covered on the CND classes. I see you are offering CND manis and pedis and wonder how you can be doing them without incorporating massage into your routine?

Thanks for clarifying about not having to have a specific massage qualification that what i was worried about. :)
As for offering manis and pedis I haven't offically started yet this is why i wanted to know, I would like some sort of massage help though as i don't really know anything, but now i know i can self learn because i really would prefer to have it included
Thank you

Hello - If you are trained in mani/pedi then you will definitely have been taught the massage routine/ technique. Its part of the training. You don't necessarily have to massage to make the feet look better (cuticle hard skin removal does this) but you will find its the reason most people book for a pedicure.

Latest posts

Back