Massive Gelish problem

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

naturalbeauty1

Reaction score
Hello ladies
So will try put a long story short!
I have spent ridiculous amounts of money on my gelish collection and always bought them from nail harmony direct or Sally's,
Recently some of the brushes started to deform and flare apart if that make sense, at first I thought it was happening just on my older colours but it then happened to some that are only a few months old.
I phoned up nail harmony they recommend I purchased the replacement brushes so did tried them and it just happened again!
I phoned them again and they have told me that my bottles have been contaminated by I.e something like dust or a product like cleanser or acetone has somehow got into them!
I have been using gelish a very long time and never had anything like this happen before or even heard of it happening! Every thing I use is sanitised and cleaned correctly ect! And there is no window so it can be a uv problem!
Sadly has resulted in me having to replace over 20 new colours!
Has anyone experienced anything similar? I would like any feedback I really want to prevent this from happening again :-( xx

Stir the bottle well with a wooden orange stick as can be that there is some cured product in the bottle and if there is it means your brush will keep siting on it and getting this way
Make sure you keep the windows away from light so product doesn't cure in bottles in the future!!

It sounds like part of your bottles have cured, Georgie Smedley replied on a post very similar to this on their official FB page today - worth a look x

That was the first thing I thought but I don't have a window any were near them and they are stored on a rack on the wall away from my lamp :-(
It's just so weird i keep going over and over in my head what I could have done differently
Thank you for your replies :)

Funnily enough me and one of my colleagues were talking about this today! On a few of our gelish bottles in the salon, the brushes have started to do the exact same! I didn't think it had anything to do with it curing as the product is still usable it's just purely the brushes that are deforming and making them useless! So glad its not just us!

I had this problem and rang my supplier (in ireland). Seemingly this is common in certain colours passion and vegas nights to name some of them. When u look inside them
U will see it is part cured- mine were not near window but i could not be 100% that they were not near the lamp when i was using them. Anyway i changed 7 brushes and it happened again it 3 colours so i had to replace them. Seemingly these colours should be stored in dark place i said they should advice people which colours are more prone to it so we can store them in press etc.

Omg. Mine have started doing it too. I have maybe 30 colours and I'd say maybe 10 has done this in the last 3 months. Couldn't figure why. One of them is Vegas nights but I don't have passion so don't know about that one. My one blue love has done it, and others. There must be a reason if its happening to so many we cant all be getting light on them or contaminating surely

Sent from my Nexus 5 using SalonGeek mobile app

Mine have been doing this since the beginning.
I told them about it and got the same answer as you.
Now we have just learnt how to paint with half a brush. X

Wow thank you so much for the replies, it's good to no I'm not alone!
The worst ones have been ocean wave , carnival hangover , Vegas nights my one blue love , passion , ect ect there was loads!
I'm so worried this will happen again! And it's just a massive waste of money! Xx

Are you all sure you don't work near a window or natural light? Because even in an overcast day they can still cure- it doesn't have to be sunny.

Some led desk lamps and ceiling lights can be quite strong and cure the colours on the brush/ cure through the window on the bottle.

If it had happened with a lot of the colours they would know about it by now.
I don't mean to sound rude but it must be something your doing/where they are stored etc
x

I store all my gelish in a box. I think if they are left on a shelf over time the product can cure due to the window on bottle. Personally I think they should re design the bottles with no window. They must be the only gel polish manufacturer that has this type of bottle?

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Same thing happened with the Gelish at a salon that I did some temp work in, assumed they were just really used / worn out polishes, will be interesting to find out what the real deal is here with this, why it happens etc.

The polishes at the salon were stored correctly in a drawer.

Never experienced this type of thing with any other product xoxo

I covered all the windows on the bottles with sticky labels

Sent from my Nexus 5 using SalonGeek mobile app

It could definitely be something I have done and that's what I'm trying to work out :-(
I don't have a window so it's not that and they are stored away from my lamp! Putting stickers over the wholes is a good idea! I'm definitely going to be paying lots of attention from now on, on how I use them ect!
So strange!

Latest posts

Back