Massive wobble with lashes, help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucyjane17

Reaction score
Evening all
I trained at a local academy to me in lash fx sp lashes in January 2013. I find their lashes very plasticky and not nice.
I had a horrible situation last Saturday with a client who came to me (for the first time) for infills but she had so lashes from another therapist which I thought were awful. She had had them on since before Christmas with infills - but wasn't happy. On some lashes there were 4 lashes on each eye and some completely nothing at all. I stupidly in filled her lashes to the best of my ability and she seemed happy. However, on Thursday she came back and said her eyes were sore itchy and very uncomfortable. She had been putting Vaseline on her eye lids to relieve the soreness!! I was mortified thinking it may be my work however on inspection it was the lashes the previous therapist had done that we're irritating her. I said I needed to take the whole set off and let her natural lashes recover. I used eyelash remover - which for 2 1/2 hours I spent trying to remove!!! I've attached a picture at which point I said I had to finish the treatment as her eyes were sooooo sore...she left the salon with still about 10% lash extensions remaining. She is wanting to come back next Saturday to have another full set completed solely by me this time but I'm sooooo scared and worried. I'm not sure I should as her natural lashes are in such a bad way. Also, she never paid me!!! Really so deflated and she never paid me a penny!!! Any help or advice please??? I'm looking at booking a conversion course with Nouveau Lashes - any one done that course ? ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1396042390.153503.jpg

This is what her eyes looked like after.... Awful. Poor lady.ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1396042642.792896.jpg

Oh my goodness that poor lady I've never soon lashes in such a state :-/ I don't know if I would do a a set so soon as her eyes really could do with the break even just a couple of weeks. It would make her feel so much better. Did she not pay you at all? Even for the first infills you did? Maybe when she comes for the full set you could faster it in? The only thing is though if you turn her to wait she could end up going elsewhere to get them done (we all know what some women are like lol) so if you do try and get her to wait longer then make sure you explain fully why and fingers crossed she will listen! Good luck! Xx

Evening all
I trained at a local academy to me in lash fx sp lashes in January 2013. I find their lashes very plasticky and not nice.
I had a horrible situation last Saturday with a client who came to me (for the first time) for infills but she had so lashes from another therapist which I thought were awful. She had had them on since before Christmas with infills - but wasn't happy. On some lashes there were 4 lashes on each eye and some completely nothing at all. I stupidly in filled her lashes to the best of my ability and she seemed happy. However, on Thursday she came back and said her eyes were sore itchy and very uncomfortable. She had been putting Vaseline on her eye lids to relieve the soreness!! I was mortified thinking it may be my work however on inspection it was the lashes the previous therapist had done that we're irritating her. I said I needed to take the whole set off and let her natural lashes recover. I used eyelash remover - which for 2 1/2 hours I spent trying to remove!!! I've attached a picture at which point I said I had to finish the treatment as her eyes were sooooo sore...she left the salon with still about 10% lash extensions remaining. She is wanting to come back next Saturday to have another full set completed solely by me this time but I'm sooooo scared and worried. I'm not sure I should as her natural lashes are in such a bad way. Also, she never paid me!!! Really so deflated and she never paid me a penny!!! Any help or advice please??? I'm looking at booking a conversion course with Nouveau Lashes - any one done that course ? View attachment 60288

Why didn't she go back to the girl that put them on? Xx

Poor woman ):
2.5hour removal, jeez! Feel sorry for you too!
Ask her the longest she's willing to wait for them doing, as her lashes/eyes need to be healthy and the healthier they are, the more extensions you can get on her lashes. Also sore/inflamed bits from poor lashes/long tricky removal will leave her more sensitive and increase likelihood of a reaction. Another reason to wait! (Let her know these reasons, let her know if she's impatient/goes elsewhere she risks her eye health and risks her chance of being able to wear extensions long-term without damage)
Also before your next appointment let her know you will need payment upfront! Do not lash her unless you get your money first! If she turns up and says "oh I need to go to the cash machine" tell her where the nearest one is to go there first and cut your appointment short if needs be! I know she's had it rough with the bad lashes but that's her fault for not researching her previous tech you're not working for free! X

Really don't worry.
I had a similar removal about six weeks back, I charge £7 for removal it usually takes me 5-10 mins ( these are for removal of my lashes which is rare)

However this client had them done abroad and it took nearly 1.5 hours to remove ( for 7 quid only)

When so much glue has been used you can only do what u can but as LMA says she needs a break, a minimum of 4 weeks and explain all of his.

Because of this break charge her for the removal or take a deposit to secure her next lash app - I do this for all new clients because everyone wants lashes until they realise they haven't budgeted for the month and then cancel at last min cos apparently they are sick bla bla!!!!

I now charge one removal price for my lashes and anyone else's lashes I charge by time because it's hard work and these days I don't work for free.

Latest posts

Back