Master Painter, Do I or don't I

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shezybabes

Reaction score
As it says, do I do the the master painter or not?

Is there any benefit to obtaining clients if you have this certificate or not?

I have used Shellac since day one but never actually attended a Shellac course!

Your input would be appreciated.

I've just done the master painter and I did it to show myself and clients I could be part of the group "best of the best" You have to do the other courses first or at least some of them and all of them are beneficial and now I know I've done everything to give my clients the best shellac service I can.

Yes I did a good job before, but I felt this proved to my clients I wanted to go that little bit further and I'm proud to have my certificate and pin to say I've completed it all.

So to me it was def worth it and my clients think so too.

I felt the same before I went on the course, it gave me a sense of professionalism and such a boost to my confidence I cant explain.

Every time I do another CND course I get better and learn something new which pops another lightbulb on for me.

Ive found nails really hard and its taken me three years to get where I am now but Ive persevered because as they say rome wasnt built in a day lol. good luck and enjoy xxx

Yes do it. You'll learn a lot that you actually didn't realise you already knew or were already doing. Other than that you get a fab certificate, pin, bag and curette as well as the huge sense on achievement you will feel after. It's so worth doing x

I just did my Master Painter with Maz101 and it was fantastic. It gave me the confidence that I needed and I feel like a true professional. I love telling people that I am a Master Painter and having that title.

Cat amongst the pigeons here. ...I have done every Shellac course going and benefitted from them all except this one. I actually thought it was a huge amount of money for not a lot. Not much difference between that and art and styles to me. I didn't learn anything new and actually complained, as did a fellow tech, about how awful it was.

It is however looking like perhaps it depends on who takes the class. I was very disappointed.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Cat amongst the pigeons here. ...I have done every Shellac course going and benefitted from them all except this one. I actually thought it was a huge amount of money for not a lot. Not much difference between that and art and styles to me. I didn't learn anything new and actually complained, as did a fellow tech, about how awful it was.

It is however looking like perhaps it depends on who takes the class. I was very disappointed.

Oh no I'm sorry you felt that way. I didn't really learn anything new as such but it made me realise why I did certain things when recommending colour etc (colour theory and skin tones) without actually realising what I was doing. It also helped me get over my fear of cream puff for a French! Xx

What does the master painter cover, that isn't covered in the other training? I am debating whether to do it, also could someone please pm me the cost of the training.

Thanks to all who replied, I thought as much with the responses it would be better for me as a nail tech and for my clients. I look forward to joining you all in becoming Master Painters very soon x

I also want to add, they have just changed the master painter course.

You now do your work on models and brisa lite smoothing is part of it too, I felt so elated and boosted once I did it and the sence of acheivments is great and heck as a bonus the CND blingy bag is awesome.

All in all I had a fabulous day and to me all good training is worth putting under my belt.

What does the master painter cover, that isn't covered in the other training? I am debating whether to do it, also could someone please pm me the cost of the training.

All the details and costs are on the Sweet Squared website.

I will be doing master painter, but I want to do Art & Style first!

There is also something none of you have mentioned - as a MASTER you can charge more too... liken it to hairdressers - you pay more for a top stylist don't you and you expect more from them too - a top job!! :hug:

But I didn't leave feeling like a master. I left feeling short changed. I was hoping that my PEP would be checked, my application and removal too. That's what I would think master courses should be, to ensure you are brilliant at the essentials as well as the more creative side.

Zooks, they've changed the Master Painter now, think it changed a few weeks ago, you do all the colour theory, plus lots more and then I had to do application and art on a model and you have to pep your model all 10 fingers, do application of Brisa Lite and one colour shellac and then you go onto more stuff, so apparently it is a lot more in depth now.

Its an amazing course, I did one in January and again at The Event. I was told it was pass or fail, so I was nervous for at least 2 weeks beforehand. There is theory and you are assessed on pep, application of block colour & french, this included being timed. There is Brisa included now. I felt I earned my certificate in January with my ea walking round assessing us..lol. There was some nail art at the end and rightly so after the stress of earlier in the day :wink2:

Do it, its great to know you've earned the right to be a CND Master Painter xx

Zooks, they've changed the Master Painter now, think it changed a few weeks ago, you do all the colour theory, plus lots more and then I had to do application and art on a model and you have to pep your model all 10 fingers, do application of Brisa Lite and one colour shellac and then you go onto more stuff, so apparently it is a lot more in depth now.

In that case I wish they would have informed me it was changing as I would have waited, I only did mine a month or so ago. Explains a few things... I thought something was strange as on my letter it said I would need a model and to bring my Brisa kit, when I called the Educator to confirm some other bits she informed me I would not need my Brisa or to bring a model. Hmm.

I am sure the course could be beneficial, perhaps this is why it has been changed. Mine was nothing more than arts and styles.

I thought the master painter was for those that didn't do enhancements? Why would you need a brisa kit? Do you learn how to do that too?

There's Brisa smoothing gel which is used on the natural nail for extra protection xx

Do you actually get taught things? Things that take your application to master level?

I'm after an intensive higher level of teaching and to learn techniques that I would consider worthy of the words 'Master Painter' and I really want to earn the certificate.

Is this course going to fulfill this? Every time I have asked either on here or S2 I don't get a detailed answer, just that it's great. Can anyone shed some actual light?

Latest posts

Back