Mates rates

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And don't do any mobile if you pay rent!!!! Why on earth would you pay for a property and then jump in your car and work in someone's home?

Please value yourself rather than fair-weather friends.
XXX

I actually hate it and I really don't hide the fact that I'm doin it under duress! Coz I'm part time and am fully booked due to limited slots they've resorted to askin me to do it mobile.. I hate mobile!! I hate working in my spare time! Not to mention being 7 months pregnant..if I wasn't self employed I'd b on maternity leave!! I am truly very annoyed.. Mainly because the more u give to ppl the more they want.. And expect! It's actually making me resent my job.. My plan B is to remain fully booked.. In salon and out.. FOREVER!!

If you're 7 months pregnant the behaviour of these people is even more in-excusable.
You actually have a good 'cut-off point' here. Out with the old (when you start work again) and on with the new!

Good luck, Giggler! And stick to your guns, girl! You'll have a new mouth to feed!
xxx

I actually hate it and I really don't hide the fact that I'm doin it under duress! Coz I'm part time and am fully booked due to limited slots they've resorted to askin me to do it mobile.. I hate mobile!! I hate working in my spare time! Not to mention being 7 months pregnant..if I wasn't self employed I'd b on maternity leave!! I am truly very annoyed.. Mainly because the more u give to ppl the more they want.. And expect! It's actually making me resent my job.. My plan B is to remain fully booked.. In salon and out.. FOREVER!!

Yes defo.. I have had enough now.. Im too tired And I'm angry that none of them av offered to come to the salon and pay. It's a bad state of affairs web my friends feel that their vanity shud take priority over my health. Like I put in an earlier post.. Coz I'm pregnant they only contact me web they want their hair doing.. No great loss either way! Thanx for ur advice .. And common sense! lol xx

Personally, I hate 'doing' friends. I find that it crosses a line that I don't want to draw. I keep business separate from my social life and I don't mingle the two.. I rarely go to anything my clients invite me to and I discourage friends from becoming clients. It works for me.

I think this is something I'm guilty of, clients always seem to become friends...
And those closest always take the p**s!!!
I'm sure lots of people see our trade as a "bit of fun"
I should defo take a leaf out your book tess!!xx

Yes defo.. I have had enough now.. Im too tired And I'm angry that none of them av offered to come to the salon and pay. It's a bad state of affairs web my friends feel that their vanity shud take priority over my health. Like I put in an earlier post.. Coz I'm pregnant they only contact me web they want their hair doing.. No great loss either way! Thanx for ur advice .. And common sense! lol xx

Amazing that isn't it, I know that feeling, having that 8weekly "catch up" argh!
They will prob go elsewhere when you tell them, but they will always come crawling back!!!
You take it easy and calm down, stress isn't good for you, your hormones will b flying around everywhere!x

A few years ago one of my friends (who works in a bank) was comin round mine for a Girly night! Face masks.. Choccy! U get the idea.. She rang me to say she was running late.. And came out with "oh I kno, il b there sooner if I come with my hair wet.. And u can blo dry my hair for me!!" u can imagine how peeved I was and replied "ueh great idea.. And while I'm drying ur hair u can count all my 1p and 2ps in my hugggge penny jar!! Needless to say.. She came with her hair dry.. For some reason 'friends' don't see our line of work as work! What's that all about?!

They will go elsewhere.. I already know they will. To prove a point or to b spiteful. It's happened b4.. I told 2 friends a while back coz it was gettin ridiculous, asking for more n more foils in.. More colours.. And for £10.. They fell out with me and started goin to another hairdresser 'friend' and paid £25.. I kno what's coming.. I guess that's why I'm tryin to put it off! X

It's called disrespect, girls ...

Respect yourselves and don't allow anyone to do anything different ... please ...

For some reason 'friends' don't see our line of work as work! What's that all about?!

Try not to get too disheartened.
When you have your baby, you'll soon find out who your true friends are!

My advice is to ditch the rest, they're just selfish and not interested in anyone else but themselves. Let them get their hair done elsewhere. Nobody needs that type of friend.

Hopefully, when you have your little one, it will help you to toughen up a bit.

Even if you don't always feel worthy yourself, I'm sure that just by thinking about your precious baby and his/her needs, you will find it much easier to say no to others.

Best wishes for the rest of the pregnancy. :biggrin:

explain that your gonna have to stick to salon only appointments once the baby is here. You won't have time or energy with working in salon and looking after your baby. you'll only be doing appointments in salon and can't make exceptions or everyone will want the same. You also have targets to keep the salon space running so can't afford to do discounts.
Tbh you shouldn't have to give reasons, just be firm. Maybe get them to recommend a friend for a small one off discount lol. could give them a loyalty card along with the price list. you've nothin whatsoever to lose.
I had a similar problem but nipped it in the bud after my training finished. Always gettin "i'll be your guinea pig". I just told them i don't need guinea pigs now, my training is finished Thanks

Yes thanx.. I'm defo gonna sort this out.. Tell them one by one.. They're booked in so I will explain that it's the last time I'm doin it at a discount. It is making me unhappy and it defo won't change unless I say something. I am stopping the working from home as of now.. To friends and clients. I don't enjoy my work being in my home one bit! It's such an invasion into my private life. And friends shud b visiting to see me.. Not for their hair doing! Thanx for all ur replies.. Really appreciate it!

Latest posts

Back