Matrix colour insider

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rosiedrew

Reaction score
Hi

I currently have 12% developer but I need 6% for matrix colour insider permanent colour.

Im thinking or hoping that if I divide 12% with 50% water I will make the correct developer ie 6%.?

thanks

Hi Rosie,

Strictly speaking, you’re correct. Dilute 12% with water 50/50 to make 6%
However, it will make it a much runnier consistency and so might not work as effectively.
Do you have any other brand developers that are 6% that you could use instead? I’ve ditched my open developer bottles since lockdown and will be ordering fresh supplies shortly.

Hi Rosie,

Strictly speaking, you’re correct. Dilute 12% with water 50/50 to make 6%
However, it will make it a much runnier consistency and so might not work as effectively.
Do you have any other brand developers that are 6% that you could use instead? I’ve ditched my open developer bottles since lockdown and will be ordering fresh supplies shortly.
Good point.

I’ll buy some 6%. Thanks

It's definitely worth buying the 6%.
I made the mistake of trying to dilute 12% to get 6% in the past and the coverage was diabolical. I'd never do it again.
It's easy to run out, or forget what you need. But since then I'm really anal about my developers. I check my bottles everytime I go to the suppliers.

I’d definitely buy the 6%. Watered down would be so runny you risk it bleeding onto the other hair x

Latest posts

Back