Matrix dream age!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danni1984

Reaction score
Hi geeks I've just had a matrix rep in my salon as I'm switching from igora to matrix colours just a quick question- am I right in thinking only matrix dream age cover 100% grey and there permanent range only covers 50% grey? I'm abit confused with it all. Also what is the colour graphincs? Xx

Yep your right, the dream age covers 100% greys, whereas the permanent range is up to50%, its does have more fashionable colours. The extra coverage is the inbetweener for more tenacious colour resistant hair. The dream age colours are slowly being released for more richer colours, it does cost a little bit more, but i personally like the coverage of dream age than the extra coverage shades! hths xoxo

Yep your right, the dream age covers 100% greys, whereas the permanent range is up to50%, its does have more fashionable colours. The extra coverage is the inbetweener for more tenacious colour resistant hair. The dream age colours are slowly being released for more richer colours, it does cost a little bit more, but i personally like the coverage of dream age than the extra coverage shades! hths xoxo

I've got normal and dream age, extra coverage I got rid off, just wasn't being used x

Ok thank you, it was abit much to take in at once got abit confused, do you know what the colour graphics are? Xx

Hi geeks I've just had a matrix rep in my salon as I'm switching from igora to matrix colours just a quick question- am I right in thinking only matrix dream age cover 100% grey and there permanent range only covers 50% grey? I'm abit confused with it all. Also what is the colour graphincs? Xx

Colour graphics is amazing!! One easy step to highlight, tone and condition the hair, with a choice of 6 brightly coloured and great smelling pigments you can have cool, warm or neutral highlights, for cool you have spearmint, blueberry and grape for warm you have strawberry and banana and neutral you have mocha spice :) x

Colour graphics is amazing!! One easy step to highlight, tone and condition the hair, with a choice of 6 brightly coloured and great smelling pigments you can have cool, warm or neutral highlights, for cool you have spearmint, blueberry and grape for warm you have strawberry and banana and neutral you have mocha spice :) x

Thanks bluerinse think I'll be on here
More often when I switch mithering everyone until I get used to it, can't wait to change the colours on the shade charts look fab. Xx

Thanks bluerinse think I'll be on here
More often when I switch mithering everyone until I get used to it, can't wait to change the colours on the shade charts look fab. Xx

To be fair it's soooo simple!! Pm your email I'll send you some volour knowledge x

omg Dream age is Fabalous, it is £5.99 a tube and is 90 ml, and socolor is 90 ml and is £5.89 a tube, so it is only 10p more a tube, but so worth it, i have clients with 70% grey and with Socolor i get coverage but i am gradually changing them all onto Dream age as that is for 50% or more grey, we use to use color graphics but we now use Matrix V light with the sheer pastels toners in Sync and get a very similiar result but CG is Very good, but for color Matrix is well spot on, years ago we had Wella and i tell you something now Matrix knocks spots of Wella Big time, our rep is in next week to show us the new High lift blondes we had a glance at them last week and they are LUSH, and there are a total of 9 new blondes.....

Ok, so everyone keeps saying how great Color Graphics are but I have never rated them and I wonder whether it's me or the product. I agree that if you are colouring virgin hair then Graphics tone out unwanted brassyness etc but who has virgin hair anymore? Very few clients. On coloured hair for hi lights you always have regrowth (virgin) at the root, which graphics will lift to the desired result, followed by a variety of coloured hair which graphics won't lift to the same level as the virgin so therefore to get an even result you have to go in with Color Sync after rinsing to give the whole length of hair an even tone. This begs the question 'why use Graphics' when it's so much dearer that standard bleach.

Does this make sense? I hope so and I'd love to hear your opinions. I've used Matrix for years and I love it but I've yet to be convinced that there's a major opening for the use of Graphics in the salon.

Thanks

Blue, i really want to pick your brains on matrix too!!!:) Ive been following all your post so much lately& ive learned so much about matrix from you already(thanks!), Id really love to hear some more of your colour knowledge on this too!!:lol:

Blue, i really want to pick your brains on matrix too!!!:) Ive been following all your post so much lately& ive learned so much about matrix from you already(thanks!), Id really love to hear some more of your colour knowledge on this too!!:lol:

Feel free! I'm here :)

Ok, so everyone keeps saying how great Color Graphics are but I have never rated them and I wonder whether it's me or the product. I agree that if you are colouring virgin hair then Graphics tone out unwanted brassyness etc but who has virgin hair anymore? Very few clients. On coloured hair for hi lights you always have regrowth (virgin) at the root, which graphics will lift to the desired result, followed by a variety of coloured hair which graphics won't lift to the same level as the virgin so therefore to get an even result you have to go in with Color Sync after rinsing to give the whole length of hair an even tone. This begs the question 'why use Graphics' when it's so much dearer that standard bleach.

Does this make sense? I hope so and I'd love to hear your opinions. I've used Matrix for years and I love it but I've yet to be convinced that there's a major opening for the use of Graphics in the salon.

Thanks

Ok I'll start by saying graphics is like marmite, you live it or hate it! And no on heavily coloured hair and natural roots you won't get a clear even colour, UNLESS you use your promoter 8 for roots and 22 for ends! I personally use graphics like water I get through green pigment like I don't know what as in the uk our base is mainly 4-6

As for cost yes it is slightly more expensive, but you add bleach, foil and then sync toner! It's then only a few pence difference, but I charge extra for graphics and people pay it as they prefer it! It's all about how you market it, and suggest to clients!

Color graphics are amazing. I use it all the time and it never fails me. of course just like any colour or bleach - if you've got a natural root and heavily coloured ends youre looking at 2 mixtures anyway to achieve an even result. It isn't a miracle worker but does make life a lot easier sometimes! Saves u so much time not having tone.
Dream age is the single best product for gray coverage I have ever used. Never let me down no matter how stubborn the grey is. They're expanding the range all the time . I have phased out the 500/extra coverage range now. not a patch on dream.
But also the socolour main range have 2 pages to the chart, the first page being the natural gold etc - they cover uto 75% grey.. the next page being the reflect/fashion colours cover unto 50%, I use 10n 20vol on a 65yr old lady with 75% grey and its perfect. So don't worry too much with them, they will rarely let you down I assure u! If they do id question the human method before blaming the colour. We're a matrix salon through and through now - after trying sooooo many brands.. I'm happy! :)

Hope that helps you, Laura x

Color graphics are amazing. I use it all the time and it never fails me. of course just like any colour or bleach - if you've got a natural root and heavily coloured ends youre looking at 2 mixtures anyway to achieve an even result. It isn't a miracle worker but does make life a lot easier sometimes! Saves u so much time not having tone.
Dream age is the single best product for gray coverage I have ever used. Never let me down no matter how stubborn the grey is. They're expanding the range all the time . I have phased out the 500/extra coverage range now. not a patch on dream.
But also the socolour main range have 2 pages to the chart, the first page being the natural gold etc - they cover uto 75% grey.. the next page being the reflect/fashion colours cover unto 50%, I use 10n 20vol on a 65yr old lady with 75% grey and its perfect. So don't worry too much with them, they will rarely let you down I assure u! If they do id question the human method before blaming the colour. We're a matrix salon through and through now - after trying sooooo many brands.. I'm happy! :)

Hope that helps you, Laura x

Makes two of us!! X

Latest posts

Back