Matrix

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ColourBoy

Reaction score
As I only do a few clients mobile, and most in the salon I was thinking about using Matrix and ordering it from Colour Savers cause big tubes little price!

Can anyone give me some really basic information on the range?

I.e main permanent range, main demi range, % you need to use for grey coverage, which shades are for grey coverage, also... I'm interested in using the toning range i.e spv? Are they for use on level 10 only? and the tonal families that matrix has!

I will really appreciate it 😁

Matrix are a good line my only fault is that they are quite ammonia smelling, SoColour is you permenant range and ColourSync is your Quasi range. Within Socolour there is dream age which give you 100% coverage on grey resistant hair. In ColourSync there are the Sheer Pastels for toning which are SPA, SPV amd SPN all of which are good for toning. In genral I do like matrix however I much prefer Wella but that's proablly just personal preference

Thank you! Also do you know what undertone mochas are by any chance?

Thank you! Also do you know what undertone mochas are by any chance?

They give off quite a pinky tone in my opinion

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

The mochas have a copper undertone, I'm currently using a 6m and I love it and always have lots of comments on my colour I seem to do a lot of 5m at the moment too

i'd echo what Joe said, the ammonia smell is pretty fierce, i attended a training session and the matrix educator recommended mixing your tint,letting it sit for a minute or two and then re-stir, this way the smell dissipates a bit...the toners are lovely, i can't really comment on the rest of the shades though, i had a horrendous allergic reaction to SoColour so i didn't work with it for very long, but the rest of the salon were pretty happy with the brand x

So apart from the dream age, what are the bases in the SoColor range? Cause I'm guessing you can't mix standard SoColor with dream age..

I'm being a bit dumb what do you mean by bases? If your meaning the colours that give 100% coverage on it's own there you're blended naturals collection

Yeah.. For example redken have chromatics, and within that they have beyond cover which are pre blended shades that give 100% coverage on resistant hair. Although, the standard chromatics also has bases "N" & "NW" series which can give 100% coverage on resistant hair. I was wondering if SoColor is the same

You do not need to mix base to socolor if that's what you mean?
It already gives true coverage as base is already added, I only use dream age if the client is very grey and you do not need to add base to this either,
In the matrix range you only use base with colour insider

Don't know if that's what you meant?

Ah I see what you mean I'd love to work with Redken!!! We use there styling products and shampoo's etc but not there colours :( the only colours you have to mix base in with them are the reflects collection so your intense vibrant reds, coppers, violets etc.

Okay so the main selection of SoColor are 100% grey coverage? Apart from the reflections?

And redken colours are great but as most of I do is balayage, ombrè and freehand it's not great because its oil based so doesn't glide easily which I need!

Yeah most of socolour will cover 100% grey you'll need to get a shade chart it comes with product guide etc

Latest posts

Back