Matte Shellac?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CND Shellac does not call for buffing the top coat before wrapping for removal. Other brands like Gelish and Artistic Colour Gloss call for it, but lots of techs dispense with this step to no ill effect. OPI generally doesn't (but only under certain circumstances) and I don't buff OPI for removal.

Why on earth would anyone want Matte Shellac!! I personally think it looks horrid. Non of my clients would ask for this. X

CND Shellac does not call for buffing the top coat before wrapping for removal. Other brands like Gelish and Artistic Colour Gloss call for it, but lots of techs dispense with this step to no ill effect. OPI generally doesn't (but only under certain circumstances) and I don't buff OPI for removal.

Ahh thanks this is handy to know.

Why on earth would anyone want Matte Shellac!! I personally think it looks horrid. Non of my clients would ask for this. X

Why wouldn't people want it, I've had a great reaction for it, young and old clients have loved it... So long as done right it's no different to other fashions that go around :)

Sent from my D6503 using SalonGeek mobile app

There is no buffing of the natural nail to remove gel polish, you are buffing the top coat, so no need to worry unless you are so heavy handed and use a grit so course you are concerned you will go right through!
As has been said, many people have stated on here that they don't even do that stage of removal and get great results.

Back