Matte top coat

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beautilashious

Reaction score
I like the idea of a matte nail colour instead of gloss, has anyone tried this yet? Is it very popular?

Hi,
I wouldn't say that matte finish it is more popular than gloss, not in anyway, but I still think that it gives an interesting look especially among young clients that want a matte French manicure (matte the base color and glossy the smile line). Personally ,I have only done this look twice this autumn, because my clients prefer gel polish to regular polish. If you are a new technician who tries to find where to invest, I would say that a matte top coat is not a must buy , unless you feel that you have cover all the other significant needs.

If you enter these terms that you are looking for into the search function. you will find a few threads regarding matte top coat. Lots of useful info on those threads!

Ooh thank you, I'm new to salon geek so didn't know you could do that.
Yes I am new to the nails and have a very limited budget to purchase the equipment I need (as it's so close to Christmas) so am only looking to buy the bare minimum I need to get by for now, so won't bother with the matte top coat just yet. Thank you :)

Ooh thank you, I'm new to salon geek so didn't know you could do that.
Yes I am new to the nails and have a very limited budget to purchase the equipment I need (as it's so close to Christmas) so am only looking to buy the bare minimum I need to get by for now, so won't bother with the matte top coat just yet. Thank you :)

No worries! It took me a while to find that button too, but there is loads of info out there when you use the search facility, I wouldn't want you to miss it.

Grab yourself a cuppa and have a nosy around!

p.s Check out the tutorials too.

i know that they are very popular on youtube tutorials

Latest posts

Back