Matted hair extension disaster! Help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hair2012e

Reaction score
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1481658407.757019.jpg
Tonight a girl has messaged saying her extensions are so unbelievable dry and they have matted up. She has had the extensions in for only 7 weeks. We use euphoria one hair extensions which we have never had a problem with. She is saying she has took the correct after care but I can't see how she can with the amount of matted hair. She is demanding money back. She is currently on holiday in Tenerife. I believe she has neglected the hair whilst she's been away for nearly 2 weeks and it does not even look brushed.

We told her to brush the hair everyday and separate the bonds. To use oil on the ends everyday. To plAit the hair when going to bed. Try to avoid chlorine in swimming pools. I also believe she has coloured the extensions which we told her not to. What can I say to this customer? I fear she will destroy my salons good reputation

Had the client coloured the hair herself to them crazy colours or was it done in salon? Could be that she has been in the pool and allowed them to dry naturally and the chlorine as dried them out

She had previously coloured the hair herself with crazy colours. We then matched the extensions to the colour of her hair

It's the same when you buy a vehical and if you try fix t yourself the warrantee expires , so same with hair she dyed it after you said don't so warranty expired, sorry end of story.

Don't worry about one bad egg, is she gets too much or you concerned , simply say client didn't follow after care instructions unfortunately once a client leaves my salon I do not know how the client takes care of them.

The balance of your clients or work will speak for itself. In saying that , no one wants to have or be accused on something incorrect.

I don't think you owe her the money back or even a free treatment. Simply say I terribly sorry this is occurred but since you have not followed aftercare unfortunately my hands are tied. The mark ups are very low and we rely on the suppliers for return refunds and if they see your hair was dyed they not willing to negotiate. My hands are tied , I am terribly sorry . So wish you have a wonderful rest of your holiday and safe travels all the best for the holidays .

Boom bYE FELISHA

Thank you. She is now saying they started matting up after 2 days! She then decided to wait 7 weeks to tell us about this problem!? I think this girl is just taking me for a ride.

Do you give your clients an aftercare leaflet to take away?
If you do this, you can explain your basic terms of business including for instance, a maximum 2 weeks for notifying of problems and also that using products that colour the hair inc. toners automatically invalidates the guarantee, and/or whatever else you want to include.

Any problems, just remind them that you made them aware of your terms of business in the leaflet they took with them.

You can always offer to re-do odd bonds or whatever as a gesture of goodwill without acknowledging any fault on your part, assuming your work is of a high professional standard.

View attachment 202673Tonight a girl has messaged saying her extensions are so unbelievable dry and they have matted up. She has had the extensions in for only 7 weeks. We use euphoria one hair extensions which we have never had a problem with. She is saying she has took the correct after care but I can't see how she can with the amount of matted hair. She is demanding money back. She is currently on holiday in Tenerife. I believe she has neglected the hair whilst she's been away for nearly 2 weeks and it does not even look brushed.

We told her to brush the hair everyday and separate the bonds. To use oil on the ends everyday. To plAit the hair when going to bed. Try to avoid chlorine in swimming pools. I also believe she has coloured the extensions which we told her not to. What can I say to this customer? I fear she will destroy my salons good reputation

I would tell the client to come back to the salon to check the hair. Apply Hair treatment i.e. Silicon Mix to try to restore her extensions. I would make it clear there is no refund as its been more than 1 month. I had the same problem as yourself. Client went on holidays, used the hair and then wanted money back!

She's trying it on! Even when I've had a bad batch of hair it's never gone like this... just dry and frizzy. This looks like a classic example of why extensions and pool/sea water don't mix! Funny how this has only happened while on holiday.

What is your aftercare advice with regards to extensions on holiday? My aftercare leaflet states I advise not to wear on holiday, if you do its at your own risk.... a question on my consultation form is if they have any holidays booked... and if they do any regular swimming ect and I always explain the risks xx

She has got it wet on holiday and tied it up in a bun out of the way and that's where it's stayed for a couple of days! No other reason why this would happen! She says it's matted 2 days after install yet you're only hearing about it now after 7 weeks? I would suggest it's been mistreated on holiday and a good comb out with a treatment condition would probably do it the world of good. No refund as she clearly isn't being honest.

Definitely looks like a case of not following aftercare advice. I personally wouldn't offer a refund/replacement but remind her that you advised her not to swim in chlorine, not to go to bed with wet hair, separate the bonds and just suggest tips to resolve the matting e.g conditioning treatments, oils on the ends.

As she should be due a maintenance appointment, you could, as a gesture of goodwill offer a heat/conditioning treatment however, I'd still charge for the re-fitting.

Might be an idea (if you don't already) to give your clients a printed copy of your aftercare advice/policy. If the client genuinely had any problems within the first few days of application - she should have got in touch back then and not when she's due a maintenance. X

Have you heard of Wonderful Hair extensions they do high quality 100% human hair at a reasonable price.

Latest posts

Back