Matted hair extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

b.lock

Reaction score
i put human hair extensions in a client 1 month ago. She came back after 2 weeks to have them checked and all was good. She then went on holiday to Tasmania and was staying on a property that pumps some water from the creek and rain water in a tank and washed her hair in it and the extensions matted. She visited a salon in tassie who have signed a form to say extensions are fake and now she is demanding her money back. I tested remaining hair in same packet and it is smells like human hair when burnt and have a certification certificate from my supplier. Has this happened to anyone else? should i refund money or offer replacement as she is very angry

I would get straight on to the supplier and demand some answers and see what they come back with - explain you want a second copy of a certificate to prove the hair is 100% human hair, I would then give her the copy and see how she responds. Once you've de matted the hair see how she gets on and if she's still annoyed and they reply and say it's 100% and have proof it is then explain to her the problems lies with them and she will have to go through the supplier or you could on her behalf and request the full refund for the hair - if she can prove it's not 100% human. Either way your insurance will cover you. But if I was you i wouldn't refund for fitting. It does seem a bit odd that it's matted through water? So fast too. However on your consultation sheet it will say that your not responsible for how it's maintained at that you can only reccomend the correct aftercare procedure for her to follow at home. She may have used a different product like sun cream that's got on the bonds or sun hair protected tied it up wet etc x

i put human hair extensions in a client 1 month ago. She came back after 2 weeks to have them checked and all was good. She then went on holiday to Tasmania and was staying on a property that pumps some water from the creek and rain water in a tank and washed her hair in it and the extensions matted. She visited a salon in tassie who have signed a form to say extensions are fake and now she is demanding her money back. I tested remaining hair in same packet and it is smells like human hair when burnt and have a certification certificate from my supplier. Has this happened to anyone else? should i refund money or offer replacement as she is very angry

Can we ask who you use? The salon she visited what did they do to determine the hair is t human - what's the form can you post a picture? Have you seen the client yourself yet?

Latest posts

Back