Meant to be warm brown and went more coppery ginger

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scottydolly

Reaction score
. . . .. . .BUT STILLPRETTY
i went to do my aunts hair who has been having global highlift for a long time with another hairdresser. . . . 12/11 by the looks of it. . . .
anyhoo, she is naturally a warm 7 and said she wanted to go back to a darker colour but didnt want to be BROWN and didnt want to be ginger jus sumwhere in between. . .
cos her hair is pretty course and pretty resistant i opted for a tint (i know against my normal rule of going dark from blonde but hey exceptions are alowwed. . . sooo anyways. . . i applied the followin wella koleston in 6%. . 30ml 8/73 and 20ml 7/34, . . . i knew it was gonna be warm but it turned really really coppery, but it is wierd it was like the most natural lookin light ginger i have ever seen created by artificial method ( so yay cos i always wanted to concoct that). . . she has agreed it suited her and i agreed also that it was stunninbg but because it technically wasnt what we had aimed for i said if she wasnt sure in a few days i would put a semi all over to make it more brunnette as opposed to red. . . so i was thinkin either colour touch in 8/7 cos o the brunnetteness cos im scared it i put on the ash 8 it will kill to much warmth and i still want it to shine throo. . ,. any ideas? xxx

I think you would need the /1 anyways to tone it down, maybe a 9/1 and just watch it, rinse when the shade you want is achieved.
Or, even 1st you could try 88/07 ct+ if you are nervous, but I'd go with the 1st. Best of luck :hug: xx

well i was lokin and i was wonderin if 8/71 wud do the trick keepin the gold but dullin the ginge?

What about 8/03 as a semi or colour bath ? it is less warm than the / 7 .
unless you knock it down a shade , you may just be building more layers of warmth with the 8/71 that will look fab , but may be a problem when it fades ( im just going by the numbers, ive never used that shade and im desperate to i use 8-lines for everything!)

i will take a pic of before and after the tone down, i called wella and they saiduse 7/1 in 1.9%. . . im tres nervous tho. . . i think it impossible to go topo far the ashy way cos it is jus that warm lol x

im nervous 4 you too! i put 88/0 slices on a tres gold 8-9 hi-lifted hair - cloudlike silver 3 inch ends ...nooooo.
maybe 1/2 7/0 1/2 7/1 ,just in case?

oh godits done, didhalf 8/0 and half 7/1 all over and it is alot better but still not what she wanted, i do howeverthinkit is partly because she is shellshocked she has gone all over blond to a darker colour, and feels it doesnt suit her but i just told her that i ant bring the blonde back to what it was for a while and it will be a gradual process,probabl lots of foiling and toning. . . i feel so bad, but at least we aint bright copper now, more ofa nutty brown/red. . . but still badness. . . i hate this my confidence is knocked again xx

its always a shock ,its easy for us to say its a softer deeper shade of blond . hopefully after a couple of washes and a new lipstick she`ll love it

she text me sayin it is growin on her slowly, it was jus a shock, but at least it isnt like it was las night, cos she really didnt like the ginge look lol. . . so fingers crossed she settles into it xx

Hi,

When you apply permanent color it always first lifts, then deposits. That is why it went ginger. Semi-permanent would have been the way to go.

If you wanted some of the warmth to show through, i would have put a straight neutral over it, Color Touch 8/o. The 8/o and 7/1 was a good choice, with less ginger showing through.

When dealing with live human beings there is always going to be something new and exciting to happen. The good thing about color is it can immediately be changed.

All the best :D

thankss for that, yeah i know i wud usually apply a semi or quazi to the hair when going over blonde for the first time and it was my gut instinct to do the same this time. . . dam me and my refusal to follow gut. . . .lol thanks tho xx

Latest posts

Back