Megamix nails. Create your own gel polish colours with eyeshadows, nail polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gel polish pinks are known to sometimes fade due to the pigment unfortunately. It's not an issue with Megamix per set, but the pink pigment itself.

Does it happen with reds aswell? Is it just polishes mixed with mm it's happening with or gels aswell? X

Does it happen with reds aswell? Is it just polishes mixed with mm it's happening with or gels aswell? X

No its not the megamix.

Its pinks, they sometimes fade, especially in extreme heat and with the chlorine and suntan lotions on holiday etc. I had it with a bright pink once, turned orange! LOL

I had a new client requesting a French a couple of weeks ago, she was heading out to BARBADOS but was so worried they were going to fade, I persuaded her to go for a coral colour :confused:

No its not the megamix.

Its pinks, they sometimes fade, especially in extreme heat and with the chlorine and suntan lotions on holiday etc. I had it with a bright pink once, turned orange! LOL

I had a new client requesting a French a couple of weeks ago, she was heading out to BARBADOS but was so worried they were going to fade, I persuaded her to go for a coral colour :confused:

Awww! That's a bit rubbish when someone is wanting pink nails isn't it! Is it only pink it happens with? Xx

Hi All, I'm a newbie nail Geek and my MM arrived today!

I've had muchos fun mixing up different colours. I think from what I've been reading on here my results are similar to you guys, I'm finding that the higher pigmented polishes give a better colour density and chromes and glitter polishes work well.

What are you guys using to mix yours up as I find if I don't mix it well it doesn't cure fully - which totally makes sense :)

I use a metal spatula and mix it in one of the empty pots from the MM website. I find my polish sometimes dries too quickly on a tile or on foil. :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1408638183612.jpg
    1408638183612.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 152
I use a metal spatula and mix it in one of the empty pots from the MM website. I find my polish sometimes dries too quickly on a tile or on foil. :)

Ah fab idea I'll try that as I was finding some were drying out too quick too! I've been a complete mix-oholic today whilst my little one has been snoozing :)

I absolutely love Megamix. Im currently sporting an assortment of MM and Vinylux colours haha!

Attachments

• 1408639608627.jpg
    1408639608627.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 208
Hey thanks for your replies,

Yes it was a pink colour.......but it's never happened before with the normal polish on its own so why with the mega mix. So every time I do pink with mega mix I am now going to be totally paranoid and I can't tell the client why she shouldn't have pink as they won't trust in what I'm doing! So disappointed!

Kez

I absolutely love Megamix. Im currently sporting an assortment of MM and Vinylux colours haha!

Ha ha they are lovely, do you change your nails on a daily basis happyfeet? ;)

I have put megamix on top of my shellac before top coat and wow its day 3 now and by now they would be going at the free edge but so far so good, they feel so strong too! I know I should wear gloves but I don't.

Haha you'd think so wouldn't you! There's too much choice!

Megamix is super tough! I love it. I have one very poorly nail and it's holding it together perfectly.

Hey thanks for your replies,

Yes it was a pink colour.......but it's never happened before with the normal polish on its own so why with the mega mix. So every time I do pink with mega mix I am now going to be totally paranoid and I can't tell the client why she shouldn't have pink as they won't trust in what I'm doing! So disappointed!

Kez

Hi Kez,

I think what everyone is trying to say is that pinks across the board whether it be Gelish, Shellac or megamix all have a tendency to fade or alter colour. It's just in the make up.

However correct aftercare can help this and some say layering a light sheer colour over the top can help or a glitter.

Make clients aware but not paranoid.

I tend to say correct aftercare needs to be followed on holiday to help maintain them. As with anything. Colours can alter or lighten in the direct sun.
If they're concerned then they can choose another colour.

Just be aware of it but don't be disheartened as with gels you can't really avoid it

Xxx

I know a tricky one to answer but how many sets would you get out of a pot of mm?

Debbie

I know a tricky one to answer but how many sets would you get out of a pot of mm?

Debbie

Ah. That's so hard. I really need to make a note of when I start a pot and finish it x

It is however very cost effective even without counting the sets xx

So I've been using mega mix and love it! But I did a pedicure on a client she went on holiday and has text me saying the gel is still in place but the colour had almost all faded off. I'm now worried about using the product especially if people are going on holiday! Anyone else had this issue?

Kez

Yep I had that issue I used china glaze fifth avenue with mm faded really bad x

Think I'll take pinks off my order then!

Debbie

No don't do that honey, they don't all fade. Pink pigment is quite unstable. Sometimes people experience fading in one colour but others don't in the same colour. It can be down to the pigment itself in the pink, chemicals, too much sun, deet and so on. I've used MM and a pink Cuccio polish and had no issues, so don't worry, it doesn't always happen. Keep those pinks on the list :Love:

Lol thank you Laura, maybe I'll have a re-think xx

Debbie

I couldn't resist I ordered the bling mix today and restocked on Megamix gel. How is everyone getting on with the bling mix?

I couldn't resist I ordered the bling mix today and restocked on Megamix gel. How is everyone getting on with the bling mix?

Haven't tried mine yet - I think I'll do a review video on it! ;) xx

Ooooh yes please! My eyes just went like saucers then ;)

Latest posts

Back