Megamix nails. Create your own gel polish colours with eyeshadows, nail polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
be creative pigments , swarovski crystals and hand painting with megamix :)
10352263_753388751374573_5996255869137236689_n.jpg

Very pretty. What size gems did you use please?

Debbie

Last edited:
Sinful Diablo with Bling Mix, client very pleased - me too!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1410291047018.jpg
    1410291047018.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 459
Sinful Diablo with Bling Mix, client very pleased - me too!

Love!!! I've still got my bling mix to use! There's too much choice of what it mix with it, lol! :) x

Love!!! I've still got my bling mix to use! There's too much choice of what it mix with it, lol! :) x

I know, glad it was the client chosing & not me, I change my mind far to often! :)
Have fun with it! X

I have been using Cuccio and tried the Serendipity mixed with MM today but it was hard to work with in terms of the glitter not really spreading over the whole nail. So I kind of dabbed then brushed. Also trying to get the glittery bits close to the edges was a nightmare, either not close enough or too close that it was on the skin and had to clean it off before curing. Client was really happy but I wasn't.

Is there a knack when you use the glitters, especially if they do not flow across the nail. Maybe I need a better brush rather than the spare ones I have from MM.

Thank you mm lovers.

My mega mix pot keeps leaking, no matter what I do with it or where I keep it the next morning it's leaked out again !!!! It's really strange it's not loads but it's defiantly coming out the pot by the lid ?

I had this Steph, I've stretched a Roo polish case foamy bit to fit it in so it now lays flat all the time and have had no issues since.
Not ideal if you can't store in that way though.

I have been using Cuccio and tried the Serendipity mixed with MM today but it was hard to work with in terms of the glitter not really spreading over the whole nail. So I kind of dabbed then brushed. Also trying to get the glittery bits close to the edges was a nightmare, either not close enough or too close that it was on the skin and had to clean it off before curing. Client was really happy but I wasn't.

Is there a knack when you use the glitters, especially if they do not flow across the nail. Maybe I need a better brush rather than the spare ones I have from MM.

Thank you mm lovers.

I used to find glitter polishes a bit hit & miss, I also use cuccio with Megamix. You need to mix really really well, and not over do the polish.

You need to get bling mix, its amazing! My cuccio glitters are now practically redundant! Clients are loving blinging up their fav cuccio colors! Lightning strike was one of my personal favs, and also heart & Seoul!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

Some from this week x

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1411315855.448476.jpg

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1411315867.333033.jpg

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1411315875.182004.jpg

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1411315885.349535.jpg

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1411315896.685353.jpg

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1411315906.536201.jpg

Photo overload! X

I mixed some micas with my chrome megamix and it looked great when the client left, but the next day and it's worn off the free edge already, any ideas why please? Seems fine when mixed with polish!

You say mixed in rather then burnished on top so I can't think as to why if that's the case.

Could it be an aftercare issue rather than a problem with the chrome/mica mix?

xx

You say mixed in rather then burnished on top so I can't think as to why if that's the case.

Could it be an aftercare issue rather than a problem with the chrome/mica mix?

xx

Yeah I mixed it in, and not a lot. I'm unsure I did it on a client who usually has OPI GELCOLOR and hasn't the same problem

So sorry if this has previously been asked, but I did a search and couldn't find anything. Is this product available in the US?

So sorry if this has previously been asked, but I did a search and couldn't find anything. Is this product available in the US?

Not currently. UK only xx

Hi all, has anyone used MM to lengthen nails, is there a good youtube tutorial? tia

Yes - had a broken nail and didn't want to cut the rest. It worked beautifully and lasted two weeks - by which time I was board and wanted to change. It would probably have gone on and on! It did yellow slightly but it didn't matter as I was putting colour on anyway

I sculpted onto a form - the CND brisa or Youngs nails tutorials on YouTube are good. Haven't seen a specific MegaMix tutorial

Hope it works for you:biggrin:

Going to ask a stupid question but it is a professional product ? And your insurance would cover you using it ?

As someone stated it's in the UK only, but in the US we have a product called gelibility that does the same thing.

Going to ask a stupid question but it is a professional product ? And your insurance would cover you using it ?

Hi, yes this is a professional product. I'm sure I read on a very early post that Martin (MM's creator) wasn't keen on making his website too restrictive, from a registering/forwarding certificates etc point of view, and as such you can order without having to pre-register but rest assured it is a professional product designed by a highly respected individual within the nail industry whose customer service is second to none!

As for you question regarding insurance, I suspect that if you are trained in gel/gel polish then you should be covered but the only ones who can answer this for certain are your insurance company so it's probably worth just giving them a quick ring to check.

I hope this helps and if you go for it you won't regret it, it's a fab product! Xx

Latest posts

Back