Messy fly-away straight hair - please advise!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pinkyshae

Reaction score
Hello hair professionals!

I would love to get your advice...
I have curly hair and have started straightening my hair with hair straighteners. I am really enjoying having straight hair, only when i wear it up which is most the time, i always have these annoying fly-away hairs at the top that make my hair look frizzy and messy!

I have tried using serum but this doesn't really help as you cant put too much near the roots so that it wont look greasy and that's where the fly-away hairs are.

Also tried hair spray which is okay but wondered if any of you can recommend a better product for this problem or advise on what to do to make my hair look nicer, neater, healthier and frizz free!

Thanks,
Sharon

I would try Lee Stafford's products from Boots. Poker Straight shampoo and conditioner. Poker straight flat iron mist. Poker straight dehumidifyer spray. I would put a bit of dehumidifyer spray on your hands and tap down the frizz from the roots. It's all 3 for £12 at boots at the moments.

Have you tried Brazillian Keratin blowdry? Its amazing. Straight smooth and shiny hair with no fly away bits. Bit expensive and only lasts a few months, but definately worth it if you are prone to frizzing in damp weather as I am.

Great, i will try those products.
Thanks a lot! :)

I had a look at the Brazillian Keratin blowdry treatment you recommended which sounds wonderful.
Do you recommend a specific brand? I saw the Qod Gold or max organic treatments on Ebay which look good. Do you know of these?
Im just worried that it will damage my hair but i have read good reviews on some of the Keratin treatments.
Let me know what you think.
Thanks!
Sharon

Well my sister is a hairdresser and she ordered some from Brazil. I dont know the name of it, and it really worked well, but I couldnt recommend it to be honest, as I think it nearly killed us! ha ha The fumes were so bad we ended up with streaming eyes and could hardly breath - we ended up doing it in the garden, and said next time we are going to borrow my husbands gas mask! Im sure there are lots of great safer makes out there though

Get a oil, my hairs naturally thick, frizzy, curly & bleached to the extreme. Get a oil macademaia, Matrix, Loreal and other PROFESSIONAL hair brands sell some sort of equivelant. But I used to have to straighten my hair every day even though I do not wash my hair but since using the oil, I can go 3 days without straightening my hair, they prevent frizz, conditon hair and make it nice and shiney. I would not advise getting a shop bought one as they just coat ur hair in silicones which when your using your straightners is pretty much like melting plastic on to your hair. Tigi also do a amazing product called control freak and does exactly what it says on the label!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back