Metal 3D bows & Gelish - how to attach?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PerfectPolish

Reaction score
Hi geeks,
I have a client who wants these 3D bows applying onto her Gelish. They are quite chunky & I'm just not sure about the best way to get them to stay put. Can I just set them in TIO? Or Structure Gel? I don't do any acrylic & I didn't think glue would be a good idea as they'll be on her natural nails. Thanks in advance for any help :)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1349470255.102785.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1349470255.102785.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 371
i find l+p is the very best way of attaching bows like these

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek

Glue doesn't work as I have found out! The only way I have found to stick them is using l & p! Not sure of any other options! Hopefully someone on here can point you in the right direction. X

Could you not apply your base and colour coats. Then apply the bow /s with nail glue and then topcoat around the bow to help set in place?

x

I use gellux so I'm not sure how similar the systems are, but I did base coat cure then colour/clear and cure and then topcoat before curing I push the bow into it cured for 2 minutes and the bows been there for a week, still rock steady.

Not sure if that's any help.

Please excuse rubbish pic

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1349475294.886167.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1349475294.886167.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 463
If you only use Gelish I would probably apply TIO to the nail, apply glue onto the bottom of the bow, set the bow into the TIO and cure.

Xxx

L&P was my first thought but I don't have any unfortunately. I think I'll try applying & curing the foundation & colour coats then set it into the TIO before curing. I use ECO Universal top coat for doing Swarovski manis/pedis too so might drizzle some of that around the bow as an extra layer. They only need to last the night for her birthday party so fingers crossed!

Thanks again xx

I use Cnd's gelbond, and they dont budge whatever they are on top of xx

Last edited:
Hi geeks,
I have a client who wants these 3D bows applying onto her Gelish. They are quite chunky & I'm just not sure about the best way to get them to stay put. Can I just set them in TIO? Or Structure Gel? I don't do any acrylic & I didn't think glue would be a good idea as they'll be on her natural nails. Thanks in advance for any help :)

I have those i also have them in gold you use either a dab of gel to attach the bow to a gel nail or acrylic on acrylic nails:irked:

CND gel bond ;) x

I had a client ask about these tonight, where do you guys buy them? arent they easily knocked off, even with gel bond?

I had a client ask about these tonight, where do you guys buy them? arent they easily knocked off, even with gel bond?

I would like to know where you get them too x

Sent from my GT-I5801 using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back