Metal spatula

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The metal spatula holds the heat, so you can spread the wax super thin, you have to spread the wax at a 45 degree angle to get it thin enough. Much better for your profit margin, and it's all you really need. It you spread it too thick, you're just throwing money away. I love my PR wax. I'll never change brands unless there is some major breakthrough in waxing.

Me again. Clicked on the link, filled out all details. It says my home and mobile number are not valid & the security code is wrong. Have done it 5 times lol so have up again xx

Why not pick up the phone 020 7512 0872

Definitely go for the Perron Rigot Metal spatula as they are much better quality! ;)

The idea with a metal spat is that you put the wax on very thinly with it,like 'scraping' it on.. it allows you to do this and not bend like a wooden one would. You put all the wax on the front of one leg ,then remove it..if you need to go back and re-wax an area after removal, then you use a wooden spat, clean one every time as the skin, by now, has open pores and double dipping then becomes an issue... Repeat with other front of leg, etc etc.. you know the drill..xx :wink2:
Its not the 'areas that may cause spotting' bit that you don't use it, its the fact that the wax is all on at once, then its the wooden one then on after removal with the strips..regardless of whether there's spotting or not...:Love:
Wouldn't use a metal spat for anything other than legs or arms anyway (not 'pits ) Anything else is single use wooden spat, but that would be with hot wax, not strip for me anyway..
And I tried a cake spat...not good... far too flexible..then I got my wooden handled ones from Ebay..x

What if I take a while applying the wax to the whole leg? Will it go cold and hard like some waxes. I was hoping my PR wax would be delivered today but it will be Monday now:(xx

What if I take a while applying the wax to the whole leg? Will it go cold and hard like some waxes. I was hoping my PR wax would be delivered today but it will be Monday now:(xx

I'll let them know about the problem with the website and online ordering.

You can apply was to the entire area and it will stay good.

I'll let them know about the problem with the website and online ordering.

You can apply was to the entire area and it will stay good.

Thanks Kim xx

Hi, I did register with them, typed in the name, came up 0 results. Went through every page on the website and could not find anything to do with waxing. So gave up and ordered from BE. I just don't like ordering to the amount of £xx when I only want to order what I need. xx

With Beauty Express if you ring their sales line you don't have to have a minimum spend like online.
That's what I do when I order my PR wax.

With Beauty Express if you ring their sales line you don't have to have a minimum spend like online.
That's what I do when I order my PR wax.

Didnt know that. I have been rather busy so I have been ordering online at night. Will try and make time to call and save money. Thank you:)xx

I love metal spatulas for speed waxing and have loads. I have bought most from Perron Rigot over the years Ellisons used to sell really good ones but then they were always out of stock. I have about 40 now in my collection, which is great when you are busy and you can put them to soak in solvent and then do the clean up at the end of the day I have bought some of the spatulas from some of the catering shops and not had much luck getting the right size or a spatula thats sturdy enough.

Jack

I love metal spatulas for speed waxing and have loads. I have bought most from Perron Rigot over the years Ellisons used to sell really good ones but then they were always out of stock. I have about 40 now in my collection, which is great when you are busy and you can put them to soak in solvent and then do the clean up at the end of the day I have bought some of the spatulas from some of the catering shops and not had much luck getting the right size or a spatula thats sturdy enough.

Jack

Jeepers Jack have you some kind of obsession with metal spatulas lol? Just been reading through this thread very helpful and exactly what I was looking for x:
cool:

lol.. I did used to be a chef many years ago.. but no obsession honestly!
I wax a lot of clients every day and need to have spatulas, I use two strip waxes on my trolley so I often have two spatulas in use at the same time.

Jack x

Just my view after trying mine for a few days with various waxes i had stashed in my cupboard.
They work very well with the better waxes not so good with the cheaper ones and not much point getting them if you are not speed waxing as if you don't want to double dip you need too many.
When speed waxing you need to load up the metal spatula more than a wooden one and then off load so you can sweep the wax down over as much area as possible in one dip.So you need to work with a wax that's nice and fluid at a low temperature and one that doesn't set on the skin too quickly.
Therefore I found it obviously works brilliantly with Perron christal ocean and also Cetuem.Ok with the salon system honey wax,very good with babylis pearl soft wax and not good at all with salon system creme as when off loaded it set very quickly by the second swipe.
Also you definately need to use it with oil so you don't get any drag.

Last edited:
Back