Metal spatula

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skindeep72

Reaction score
Hi all
I'm in the process of ordering my PR Wax from Beauty Express and have been told the metal spatulas are better than wooden ones but BE does not sell them or I simply can't find them. Is there anywhere else I can order the wax and spatulas together instead of 2 orders from different places. It's just that BE has a min order of £50 and all I need is wax. Any help would greatly be appreciated:)xx

Metal cake spatulas are exactly the same. Google your local cake supply shop. They'll defo have them, just check the size, you don't want a gigantic one! lol

I bought one from Beauty Express, but the Peron Rigot spatula is far superior

Places like Dumelm or even some supermarkets sell them for a couple of pounds!

You can order direct from Thalgo (the distributors for Perron Rigot) and you'll be able to order everything you need from them.

Hth
Xxx

Sent from my GT-I8150 using SalonGeek

Tried to order from Thalgo, couldn't even find their wax. Beauty Express only have plastic (ordered) or wooden. Ill go to the cake shop to see sizes lol or into Dunelm. Thanks geeks:)xx

You need to ring Thalgo and get them to send you a price list.You can join their facebook page and they do have a website http://www.perron-rigot.co.uk/en/catalogue/non-strip-waxes.2.html

Hi, I did register with them, typed in the name, came up 0 results. Went through every page on the website and could not find anything to do with waxing. So gave up and ordered from BE. I just don't like ordering to the amount of £xx when I only want to order what I need. xx

Me again. Clicked on the link, filled out all details. It says my home and mobile number are not valid & the security code is wrong. Have done it 5 times lol so have up again xx

Me again. Clicked on the link, filled out all details. It says my home and mobile number are not valid & the security code is wrong. Have done it 5 times lol so have up again xx
Yes there s something wrong with it I couldn't do it the other day either but I knew what I wanted and rang as they had a show offer on.

Ellisons but to be honest it's only a cake decorating spatula it's cheaper to get it in tk maxx or your local tesco :)

I've had an Ellisons one too skinny and too flexible.Ive also got the large plastic one that Berins use too big and thick also doesn't hold the heat like a metal
One.I have a Perron Rigot one ordered will let you know my opinion.

I thought you couldn't double dip but you would be with a metal spatula? Or have I got wrong end of stick here?

I thought you couldn't double dip but you would be with a metal spatula? Or have I got wrong end of stick here?
You speed wax with it so you can prob get away with having prob 4 to do a full leg then you soak in solvent and sanitise.

that makes sense!

Yes you can double dip with your strip wax, this is what the metal spat is used for so long as it's legs arms etc

Its areas that may cause blood spotting such as arm pitt, pubis areas etc that you shouldn't double dip with and you would be using a wooden spat for your hot wax anyhow.

I have a perron Rigot one and I'd never go back! They are fab, especially for speed waxing!

What makes the metal spatula so popular. Is it that the PR wax goes on ultra thin or would that be true of any spatula? Is it a heat thing? Gonna get 1 anyhoo lol:)xx

I've had an Ellisons one too skinny and too flexible.Ive also got the large plastic one that Berins use too big and thick also doesn't hold the heat like a metal
One.I have a Perron Rigot one ordered will let you know my opinion.

Haha read this and thought of goldie locks hahahaha

The idea with a metal spat is that you put the wax on very thinly with it,like 'scraping' it on.. it allows you to do this and not bend like a wooden one would. You put all the wax on the front of one leg ,then remove it..if you need to go back and re-wax an area after removal, then you use a wooden spat, clean one every time as the skin, by now, has open pores and double dipping then becomes an issue... Repeat with other front of leg, etc etc.. you know the drill..xx :wink2:
Its not the 'areas that may cause spotting' bit that you don't use it, its the fact that the wax is all on at once, then its the wooden one then on after removal with the strips..regardless of whether there's spotting or not...:Love:
Wouldn't use a metal spat for anything other than legs or arms anyway (not 'pits ) Anything else is single use wooden spat, but that would be with hot wax, not strip for me anyway..
And I tried a cake spat...not good... far too flexible..then I got my wooden handled ones from Ebay..x

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back