Metallic nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1468180477.467649.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1468180501.999511.jpg

The other magpie dusts aren't bad

Still not tiara tho lol

View attachment 199079View attachment 199080
The other magpie dusts aren't bad

Still not tiara tho lol
Do you have clients asking for chrome nails?
Pure said that it was us that were excited and not clients and I have to agree. I was asked once and she didn't turn up!
I already have all the magpie range and hadn't tried tiara until the chrome mania and haven't used it since!

You honestly don't need a no wipe top coat I done it with my express 5. Do your colour twice and then topcoat and once done take out and remove the inhibition layer on one finger and quickly dip your finger in the chrome pigment and rub hard into the nail. Do it one by one
Here is my nails
View attachment 198833

This was over be demure shellac
Right, let me get this right, you're dipping into the powder once the inhibition layer is removed? What is it sticking to?

Also, why 2 colour coats? Why not just one, isn't it wasting product when you can't see the underneath colour anyway?

Right, let me get this right, you're dipping into the powder once the inhibition layer is removed? What is it sticking to?

Also, why 2 colour coats? Why not just one, isn't it wasting product when you can't see the underneath colour anyway?

I've just answered your other thread.

The pigment is attracted to the brand new surface of the cured product bit like static attracts dust.

Some are using two coats as you an get a grainy effect if you don't use enough pigment and the second coat helps fill in the gaps

I've just answered your other thread.

The pigment is attracted to the brand new surface of the cured product bit like static attracts dust.

Some are using two coats as you an get a grainy effect if you don't use enough pigment and the second coat helps fill in the gaps
Yep, sorry I started the thread without browsing the forum then this showed up on my unread list... Silly me!!

Ah I see what you mean, thank you :)

As tiara is still out of stock would and brand silver dust work dose anyone know? Naio nails have some dunno if its worth a try! X

Just to clarify....you don't dip. ...you apply the pigment with an eyeshadow applicator. Check out Sarah R on YouTube for a great tutorial - she's one of our talented Geeks too

Do you have clients asking for chrome nails?
Pure said that it was us that were excited and not clients and I have to agree. I was asked once and she didn't turn up!
I already have all the magpie range and hadn't tried tiara until the chrome mania and haven't used it since!
It was one of my clients who twisted my arm to get Tiara after sending me a few posts of the chrome nails she kept seeing online and asked if I can re-create...this was a while ago now but the hype seems to be dying down lately among clients

I have a few ladies that like the other glitter dusts and have asked to
Book in but I am yet to see if they change their minds once they are here

Just to clarify....you don't dip. ...you apply the pigment with an eyeshadow applicator. Check out Sarah R on YouTube for a great tutorial - she's one of our talented Geeks too
No, I wouldn't have dipped simply due to getting into the sidewalls lol was more needing the clarification about the inhibition layer, makes sense now though, thanks x

Last edited:
Hi

Does anyone know where to buy the matalic powder for nails please?
I purchased mine from Social claws
There is an exspensive kit by Aora
Also there are super pearl shift pigments you can purchase on etsy and ebay it all depends on what you want to spend

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    64.5 KB · Views: 28
Nails21 has Nice Chrome/mirror powders

I've just seen this
Have u managed to get the hang of it

You know when you've done your nails and your about to wipe the tacky later off the cured topcoat? We'll take your pad and remove it on one nail then quickly dab your working clean finger into the chrome and then rub it into the nail you've just wiped really fast until it squeaks

You know when you've done your nails and your about to wipe the tacky later off the cured topcoat? We'll take your pad and remove it on one nail then quickly dab your working clean finger into the chrome and then rub it into the nail you've just wiped really fast until it squeaks
That's what I've been doing! :(

Guys when I say dip your finger what I meant was your working hand.. I wear a glove and use my finger to rub the chrome in! So dip your finger in the chrome and rub onto the nail.. U get me? Not actually dip your nail into the chrome no no no

Latest posts

Back