Metallic salt test positive professional colour

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did u by any chance have any glitter in your hair, or have you used glitter spray for a night out lately?!?! It causes this reaction!!!! And in fact even if you had it in weeks ago, and there was any remnants... At least you did that test, and found out there is something afoot !!

I did use orofluido glitter in my hair bout a week or 2 ago :/ xx

I did use orofluido glitter in my hair bout a week or 2 ago :/ xx

I one hundred percent guarantee that's what it was!!!! I've seen it happening before. Glitter takes ages to wash out well enough!

I one hundred percent guarantee that's what it was!!!! I've seen it happening before. Glitter takes ages to wash out well enough!

!! Another one to add to the list I might start giving my clients a checklist before I colour to be on the safe side! X

Safer to strand test rather than rely solely on client's accuracy of notifying products used on their hair.

Safer to strand test rather than rely solely on client's accuracy of notifying products used on their hair.

Do you strand test everytime you do a regular clients colour? X

Do you strand test everytime you do a regular clients colour? X

Ha ha, no, but then it depends on the client.

My older ladies who I retail products too aren't the one's who will try other products. They want their hairdresser to tell them what to buy and stick to that.

It's the younger one's who I am always slightly wary of as they will, quite reasonably, want to experiment with their hair.

Ha ha, no, but then it depends on the client.

My older ladies who I retail products too aren't the one's who will try other products. They want their hairdresser to tell them what to buy and stick to that.

It's the younger one's who I am always slightly wary of as they will, quite reasonably, want to experiment with their hair.

:-D yeah I only test if they've been messing about in between appointments or are new clients (got a couple middle aged women who touch their roots up now and again which is so frustrating!)

Hi, just pulling this thread up again as we've had a client in who has course/dry hair, had lowlights of a level 7 gold copper and it has come out an ash 5! Our colour tech has suggested the colour has distorted because of metallic salts.
We are testing it tomorrow, but she's followed our new stylist who used Matrix on it beforehand so want to quiz her on what exactly she uses on her hair
She thinks her hair looks green but I'm sure it's because of the existing blonde blending with the flat 5,
Does swimming regularly contribute to metallic salts? Will certainly ask her what shampoo/conditioner/treatments she uses.
And do you usually test with perm lotion and peroxide?

Yes perm lotion & peroxide

Hi, just pulling this thread up again as we've had a client in who has course/dry hair, had lowlights of a level 7 gold copper and it has come out an ash 5! Our colour tech has suggested the colour has distorted because of metallic salts.
We are testing it tomorrow, but she's followed our new stylist who used Matrix on it beforehand so want to quiz her on what exactly she uses on her hair
She thinks her hair looks green but I'm sure it's because of the existing blonde blending with the flat 5,
Does swimming regularly contribute to metallic salts? Will certainly ask her what shampoo/conditioner/treatments she uses.

Yes swimming is a contribution to metallic salts being present 😄

Iv just been learning the same thing, we was told you use 6% liquid peroxide and perm lotion. Does it get the same result with bleach and perm lotion

I was told 40 vol and an alkaline perm lotion, x

IIRC 40ml liquid 20 vol + 2ml alkaline perm soloution.

Liquid developer so you can see if there is an bubbles released. Also if you use too much perm soloution or ammonia the developer breaks down too quickly and will give you false-positive

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Ratio 1:20 is the correct amounts for this?

Maybe I had a false positive?? Will test again using the suggested ratio, xx

If its quite porous it might need pre-pigment to help accept the warmth of 7CG as if it is porous/dry it can reject warm tones xx

Latest posts

Back