Metallic salts in XXL

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kissmeparis

Reaction score
my mum has a new client coming in for colour consultation and she has been using Live box dye; from what I've been reading it has metallic salts in it?

Is it only the XXL or does Live Luminance have it too? We have to determine which one she's used.

Thanks for any help x

You should never rely solely on the accuracy of information from the client about products used on the hair prior to a chemical service.

Always take test cuttings when performing the skin test and then you can test for metallic salts amongst other things.

Take a test cutting place hair in peroxide and perm solution if it bubbles it has metallic salts on the hair!

test cutting and incompatibility test the hair lovie, i had a colour correction in at college a few weeks ago what a nightmare, client had used box dye ombre kit (jesus!) then covered it with XXL Black (jesus wept!) then tried to strip it at home with Colour B4( jesus christ all mighty!), i have never seen hair heat, bubble or give off heat so much during an imcompatibilty test, needed a hazmat suit and safety goggles! if in doubt test test test xxx

test cutting and incompatibility test the hair lovie, i had a colour correction in at college a few weeks ago what a nightmare, client had used box dye ombre kit (jesus!) then covered it with XXL Black (jesus wept!) then tried to strip it at home with Colour B4( jesus christ all mighty!), i have never seen hair heat, bubble or give off heat so much during an imcompatibilty test, needed a hazmat suit and safety goggles! if in doubt test test test xxx

Wow lol so u didn't do the colour correction then?

Wow lol so u didn't do the colour correction then?
definitely didn't do it, she would have been going home with her hair in a carrier bag!xxx

Question is there anywhere you can but pure ammonia for doing incompatibility test also liquid peroxide ,this is how we did it when I was a college 15 years ago :-D

Sent from my LT18i using SalonGeek

definitely didn't do it, she would have been going home with her hair in a carrier bag!xxx

Lol and what did u recommend her to do to use clarifying shampoo would help wouldn't it?

nothing was shifting that, a clarifying shampoo wouldn't have touched it at all, i'm afraid all we could recommend was her growing it out xxx

nothing was shifting that, a clarifying shampoo wouldn't have touched it at all, i'm afraid all we could recommend was her growing it out xxx

Crazy there must be something to help but good jehe xxx

Question is there anywhere you can but pure ammonia for doing incompatibility test also liquid peroxide ,this is how we did it when I was a college 15 years ago :-D

Sent from my LT18i using SalonGeek

1ml Perm lotion and 20ml 6% peroxide for an incompatibility test.

I just use a normal perm lotion, can't remember the make. Don't think it matters.

i think as long as it has ammonium hydroxide in the perm lotion its ok xxx

i think as long as it has ammonium hydroxide in the perm lotion its ok xxx

Get a cheap brand perm in specially for the tests. Why use the good stuff? Xoxo

Get a cheap brand perm in specially for the tests. Why use the good stuff? Xoxo
we have a jumbo 4 litre bottle of cheap stuff that we use for testing, weighs a ton lifting it up lol xxx

Latest posts

Back