Mica pigments from Colour Shack

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm confused! :confused I bought a set of colourshack powders and love them but they were quite dark and I now want neon and bright colours. All the ones I see say not suitable for nail art. Does anyone know why they aren't suitable, and is anyone using them anyway? The ones suitable for nail art are nice but I like the others better....typical! Can anyone send me the links for what they are using please :D

The pigments that state not for nail art, are not cosmetic grade and contain colorants not considered safe for cosmetic use.
I would not just use them anyway x

I'm confused! :confused I bought a set of colourshack powders and love them but they were quite dark and I now want neon and bright colours. All the ones I see say not suitable for nail art. Does anyone know why they aren't suitable, and is anyone using them anyway? The ones suitable for nail art are nice but I like the others better....typical! Can anyone send me the links for what they are using please :D

They also contain binders and are not pure pigment. I have the brights and some darker ones such as the purple rain set , Bella goth , even the darker ones look amazing over light colours of gel polish. :)

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

Hello!

It's very important that you get "cosmetic grade" pigment powders, as "craft grade" powders might cause a reaction on people's skin. I think the sets I bought from the Colour Shack are:

Shimmer me Timbers
The Black Pearl Range
The Summer Collection

Hth xx

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1376922054.993163.jpg
Had a go on myself with them, didn't go very well as u can see lol

Simply Kerry's Beauty <3

Thank you for all your replies :green: I didn't think to use the colours I have got over light bases Durrrrrrrr! I have always used the ones that they say are suitable for the skin so I assume they are suitable for nails :). Have had a good browse and found some lighter colours and ordered bella goth (I think that's what it's called) will be having a play when I get some free time :hug:

Ok so I've got mine but not getting very good results with them. I'm burnishing them into the inhibition layer but the colours are quite pale &; wishy washy. Wondering how you all work with them. I was thinking of putting them into my 2nd colour coat before curing like I do my glitters. Any words of wisdom would be appreciated x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Ok so I've got mine but not getting very good results with them. I'm burnishing them into the inhibition layer but the colours are quite pale &; wishy washy. Wondering how you all work with them. I was thinking of putting them into my 2nd colour coat before curing like I do my glitters. Any words of wisdom would be appreciated x

I find they look best on a similar colour if doing a solid colour, but I do do two coats of colour before I apply them

Thank you thats what I've been doing. My best ones are like yiu say with similar colours so turquoise with blue etc but when I tried a rainbow type effect it wasn't very effective. Got a quiet week this week so will play some more.

I have just ordered the metallic range of these today, has anyone tried these? Any pics?

Oh dear..... step away from paypal account :Scared:

I've just ordered the brights collection and can't wait for them to arrive &#128516;

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

I have just ordered the metallic range of these today, has anyone tried these? Any pics?

Just wondered what these are like? Have u any pics? I think these will be on my need list!!

Just wondered what these are like? Have u any pics? I think these will be on my need list!!

They are lovely but i haven't had a chance to do anything with them yet boo! I'm going to try do some now so ill post some pics as soon as

I ordered some of these which arrived last week and they are amazing ! I want to order more but not sure which ones to get!

They are lovely but i haven't had a chance to do anything with them yet boo! I'm going to try do some now so ill post some pics as soon as

What a fib, I did do some think I'm loosing my mind!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1379264105.391028.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1379264105.391028.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 357
Cnd shellac night shimmer with peridot colour shack powder stencil. ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1379264444.009455.jpg

So are these powders better than the CND Additives and are they cheaper?x

What a fib, I did do some think I'm loosing my mind!

Thanks for putting these in they look fab. Will wait n have a play with the brights when they arrive n thenite order these.

Thanks again &#128516;

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1379279003.483681.jpg

Just spent all afternoon painting 63 mica colour pops. Beautiful colours!

Latest posts

Back