Micro Links

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spraytangeek

Reaction score
Hi,
Im having hair extensions next week and the person doing it is using micro links, are these good?
better then glue and weaving?
thank you

I have worn these myself many times and have found them to slip ever the silicone lined ones. I also fit these in my clients and inform them during consultation that they do slip. Many have now moved on to better methods of installs.

You will need regular maintenance with the micro rings, but good luck anyway.

oh bit worried now. what would you say is best?
thanx

thanx. i didnt really want glue, didnt fancy glue on my hair.
iev pm'd u :) x

thanx. i didnt really want glue, didnt fancy glue on my hair.
iev pm'd u :) x

Hi, all types extensions including keratin bonded or pre bonded extensions are absolutely fine as long as your extensionist is fully qualified fully insured and has a fair bit of experience behind her / him
(you could ask to see portfolio pictures ect)

As long as you follow all your after care sheets,
and choose a pretty decent type of hair
and then go for regular maintenance checks to your hair extensionist

and do make sure you get proper professional removal of the bonds

then you shouldn't have any problems at all no matter what type of application you choose
let us know how you go on ,
good luck :) x minky

If your interested in the micro rings and nothing else you could go for the longer tubes called trumpet tubes, these I believe are a little better than the micro rings. These can be purchased from the USA direct, I can give you details of websites if your interested. I havent seen these available in the UK as yet.

'Shrinkies' 'shrink-links' 'shrink tubes' everyone has a name for them but I call them shrinkies. I do more of this method on my clients than any other, but it does depend on which shrinkies you use, there are different ones on the market, some have no adhesive lining and have a thinner outer wall than the adhesive lined ones.

I suppose it depends on which install you prefer but do your research first and then make your decision.

Latest posts

Back