Micro ring help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jteeny

Reaction score
I fitted a girl with micro-rings from foxy- silicone lined ones. I have never used these micro rings before but figured no brand is better or worse than another? I'm sure I pulled enough hair through each link and I clamped them really hard but one came out when I was combing her hair at the fitting so I was really worried about how secure they would be. Anyway- she has messaged me saying she has lost approx 30 strands in a week. I'm mortified as she has been wearing microrings for years and never had this problem. Her hair is neither fine nor greasy so I don't know wether the problem is me or the microrings. Any help or advice much appreciated xxx

I fitted a girl with micro-rings from foxy- silicone lined ones. I have never used these micro rings before but figured no brand is better or worse than another? I'm sure I pulled enough hair through each link and I clamped them really hard but one came out when I was combing her hair at the fitting so I was really worried about how secure they would be. Anyway- she has messaged me saying she has lost approx 30 strands in a week. I'm mortified as she has been wearing microrings for years and never had this problem. Her hair is neither fine nor greasy so I don't know wether the problem is me or the microrings. Any help or advice much appreciated xxx

Its most likely your application Hun...that might be hard to hear but I've used foxy rings along with other suppliers and never had this problem.

How do you usually glue your tips before fitting them?

Sublime Russian Hair

Its most likely your application Hun...that might be hard to hear but I've used foxy rings along with other suppliers and never had this problem.

Ah I knew it would have been my application really but I'm baffled as its never happened before. Now I'm really doubting myself and feel nervous to go back round to refit them on Thursday. Would you recommend a full refit? X

How do you usually glue your tips before fitting them?

Sublime Russian Hair

I buy pre bonded iTips from angel remy xx

Really sorry for you, I guess it's a real problem.

Could you think to try to fit side by side some rings you used before and some new rings you have put now? At least a short time test will show you if there is something wrong with the new rings. Just my guess.

Ah I knew it would have been my application really but I'm baffled as its never happened before. Now I'm really doubting myself and feel nervous to go back round to refit them on Thursday. Would you recommend a full refit? X

Don't be, i think clients appreciate that you are professional enough to sort out rather than blame. I would remove and re-do..,,using your usual rings if it makes you feel more confident. Then make sure the amount of hair you pull through is filling the ring so once stick tip is in the fit is snug, no gaps. Then clamp 2-3 times. I use a bigger plier which I find means you get better clamp/grip.

I totally agree. If you us a bigger amount of hair in each ring it will give it a more snug fit. When clamping the micro rings I use my prebonded removal plier lol. Only because its a wide surface area so gives a much better clamp xx

Thank you for your advice everyone xxx

Latest posts

Back