Micro ring weft extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sarahluise

Reaction score
So i see these are beginning to get more popular and methods are improving all the time! I have seen so many technicians use different methods?*

straight lines like braids
Longer sections at the back shorter sections for the sides
Some doubling the weft others using singles
Some techs using 2 rings per strand
And finally holding the weft by securing it in place by using a sandwich technique only using the natural clients hair and others pulling strands of the clients hair plus weft hair into the rings clamping it into place.*

Personally i was taught by using longer strips at the back and smaller strips for the side. However i didn't like the fact on thin and shorter hair clients it was so visible when in a high pony tail, so now i order a bag of singular strands for particular clients for the side sections just too try and make it more natural! works well for many clients!*

What about everyone else?

Sarah :D

I have done it a few different ways too but eventually settled on using three strands of clients natural hair to hold the weft. I also do sew in micro wefts have you tried these? X

The sew in is that where you apply the rings first then sew threw the weft into the rings? I've seen this done tried it on my training head to see what its like but I'm not trained in it so it didn't work out too great lol.*

So you only use 3 rings on each weft to secure it? Never seen it done this way what size rings do you use may i ask? I use 5mm & 3.5mm*

It's so interesting everyones different way!*

Thanks for the reply!*

No i meant i take a small section of hair to use with the microring and split it into 3, top two pieces go on top of the weft and the pther goes under, then pull through the ring and secure so it is just the clients hair olding the weft in place. I got the idea from somebody on here, cant remember who but if you do a search you should be able to find it... They also posted a youtube vid showing how its done, hope this helps :) x

And yeah the micro sew in is where you put rings into your clients hair and then sew the weft onto the rings. Ive also tried sewing rings onto the weft itself, so it looked similar to foxy's microwefts but was too time consuming! And i use 5mm rings x

i sometimes take smaller sections to the sides but more often than not i work in longer lines, i double ring about every 1.5-2" along the weft to secure it so the weight is evenly distributed. i only use one line of weft at a time, and take a section of clients hair from above the weft and a section same size of the weft hair to secure it in the micro rings xx

No i meant i take a small section of hair to use with the microring and split it into 3, top two pieces go on top of the weft and the pther goes under, then pull through the ring and secure so it is just the clients hair olding the weft in place. I got the idea from somebody on here, cant remember who but if you do a search you should be able to find it... They also posted a youtube vid showing how its done, hope this helps :) x

That is the way I do it as it ensures the natural hair equals the weight of the weft throughout the length of the piece.

This is the way I do it too :) I think I posted a video to show everyone! xxx

Ohh silly me sorry read it too quickly and completely mis understood. Seems a popular way!*

*I've searched and it came up with 7 pages. There was a video posted but it doesn't give you the option to view it, think it may of been removed.*

Thanks everyone for your comments!*

Xxx

Very interesting reading everyone's versions of this.It's great how innovative some fitters are. Fantastic. I love the fitting for those who are unable to invest in an individual fitting right away. I am also a national trainer and offer training days in this method. If anyone is interested to know more please PM me on here.

Linda

Hey!! I did some fishing and found a video exactly the same! Thanks*for sharing! Did my first fitting like that way yesterday!! :D xxx

Yeah thats the video i meant! Hope it went well! Its the method i find easiest :) x

Latest posts

Back