Micro rings allergic reaction

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carol_uk

Reaction score
I put a post on today regarding hair loss in the micro rings from my own hair, the post has went off track so i wanted to post this question separate incase the question ever comes up for anyone else.

Can you take an allergic reaction to the micro rings?

This wasnt mentioned in training or anything but I do think I have suffered an allergic reaction to the metal in the micro ring.

I take reaction to earings. They can be gold, silver or costume jewellery, its just my luck which ones my ears allow. My ears swell up immediatley when i put ones they dont like in and if i leave them in for more than a few hours they will become a little infected but will clear within a day so its nothing serious.
Also I have had a few wedding rings because i started to take reactions to the gold in my rings, which is just red itchy skin under the ring. The one i have at the moment is so far so good :)

So my hair - it was applied by a non professional, my friend, however i talked her through the application and showed her to to apply using the same head i used in training. I felt the bonds after etc and they felt good, in correct position, no hairs pulling etc. This was only 2-3weeks ago and i lost about 10 bonds. around 5 fell out themselves with roots attached and 5 i removed because the were hanging on by only a few hairs (which wasnt like that before as i have been running my fingers through every day to separate the bonds) .

So I have been experiencing hair loss and itchyness but i thought the intchyness was just the norm... then the final straw and reason for removal today was my head was burning and still burns now a few hours after removing. I have def lost hair as my own hair is now a lot thinner. I am sure the burning will go away very quickly and things will go back to normal but does this sound like an allergic reaction?

I didnt think of this being a possibility before, it was only today when i was removing i thought hhheyyyy wait a wee minute the metal in the rings !!!! I think it may be something to be aware of for clients who maybe take metal reactions like myself, would be interesting to see if anyone else has experienced this? xx

It could be an allergic reaction. Micro rings are mostly made up of a combination of metals - which people are commonly allergic too - think of cheap earrings and how a lot of people can't wear them. When applying micro rings to a client you should apply a test ring into their hair to see if they have a reaction - if they do don't apply the full set. This should be done at consultation and leave it in until fitting to see if they do have a reaction such as high amounts of itchiness (little is quite normal) redness/swelling/rashes etc xx

This honestly wasnt spoke about in training, when u think about it, it must be so common to be allergic to micro rings. It was really beyond me why people were still using the glue methods over micro rings... until now :)

They did say to do a strand test in training but i dont remember being told reasons why - just assumed any crazy reactions but someone like myself it may take a god few weeks to feel these reactions.

I found a post on here a girl who took allergic reactions, the bonds look far too close to her scalp but the pic of her hair in the extensions is identical to how my hair looks. My poor wee head is now bare but no bald patches as far as i can see/feel so i look forward to it growing back in again ! xx

It's one of our consultation questions - do you have allergies to any metals. Surprised it wasn't in your training - I'd be wording a strong email about now ...

Phil xxx

It's one of our consultation questions - do you have allergies to any metals. Surprised it wasn't in your training - I'd be wording a strong email about now ...

Phil xxx

Totally agree with Phil, this is one of the most important points which needs to be made. Allergy testing at the consultation, if the client want to proceed, one bond at the back of the head, then wait 48 hrs to see if there is any reaction to the alloys in the micro ring.

hope this helps:)

Consultation procedures and allergy testing is explained in full within studio 58 training courses. Our courses cover every aspect of contraindications, consultation procedure, suitability including strand tests for allergic reactions and comfort tests. Reasoning and explanation is communicated and backed up in readable manuals following our courses. If students are not able to absorb all the information given then the manuals are submitted for reference. If this information is still not absorbed then follow up refresher courses are offered free of charge. Studio58 courses are well established and have a huge success rate of technicians, on this forum and other social networks. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Consultation procedures and allergy testing is explained in full within studio 58 training courses. Our courses cover every aspect of contraindications, consultation procedure, suitability including strand tests for allergic reactions and comfort tests. Reasoning and explanation is communicated and backed up in readable manuals following our courses. If students are not able to absorb all the information given then the manuals are submitted for reference. If this information is still not absorbed then follow up refresher courses are offered free of charge. Studio58 courses are well established and have a huge success rate of technicians, on this forum and other social networks. Thanks

I will agree I did get taught this on my course x

Consultation procedures and allergy testing is explained in full within studio 58 training courses. Our courses cover every aspect of contraindications, consultation procedure, suitability including strand tests for allergic reactions and comfort tests. Reasoning and explanation is communicated and backed up in readable manuals following our courses. If students are not able to absorb all the information given then the manuals are submitted for reference. If this information is still not absorbed then follow up refresher courses are offered free of charge. Studio58 courses are well established and have a huge success rate of technicians, on this forum and other social networks . Thanks

Sorry to poke in but are you doing any courses yet studio 58 as i was told your currently changing to 2 day courses? Thanks x

Sorry to poke in but are you doing any courses yet studio 58 as i was told your currently changing to 2 day courses? Thanks x

Yes thats correct, we have changed our courses from 1 to 2 days - day 1 theory and work on a block.

Day 2 fitting a full head of extensions in 1 chosen method with full guidance and tuition.

Yes thats correct, we have changed our courses from 1 to 2 days - day 1 theory and work on a block.

Day 2 fitting a full head of extensions in 1 chosen method with full guidance and tuition.

I didn't train with you but this sounds so much better!!

I didn't train with you but this sounds so much better!!

Agreed. We feel our 1 day courses were of a high quality, backed up by student feedback, but we have taken this step as we think it will help to eliminate many of the 'teething' problems that new technicians typically experience in their first few fittings.

Of course price has had to increase, but for those that are truly looking to get the best training experience possible we think they will see the value.

How much is it & when are dates available? Xx

Latest posts

Back