Micro rings not coming out?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lushlonglocks

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Ive already done a search on this but couldnt find anything at all so looking for a bit of advice! Went to remove a new clients hair extensions today (not fitted by me) ready to fit a new set in a weeks time. They were so tight i struggled to get them out! I managed to get most of them out with the aid of conditioner but there was about 10 that just wouldnt budge! Anybody experienced this before an if so how can i get them out without cutting her hair? My hands are blistered to bits from trying! Please help! :) xx

I wonder if the person who fitted them used some glue/resin as well as the micro loops? I read about this being done but no wonder what is used, or why tbh. I can't imagine any other reason why they would be difficult to remove they are probably the easiest imo x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Yeah ive also read that but she said nothing else was just put in them. There was alot of hair pulled through the ring but then again surely if that was the reason they would have struggled to get the stick tip through the ring when fitting them? There was also a bit of matting but nothing too bad. Ive never had a problem like this before and been doing micro rings a long time bow! So baffled!! X

could the silicone lining have melted and reset with the use of heat over them or poor washing? I don't know how much that would affect it, just throwing it in as an idea xx

what tool are you using to remove them

Hi, I have had this problem getting someone else's micro rings out. I had to use slim pointed nosed pliers and kept pinching away at one side until the ring broke up and came away. were not silicone lined but screw threads inside them, much harder to remove! Hth.

Hi, I have had this problem getting someone else's micro rings out. I had to use slim pointed nosed pliers and kept pinching away at one side until the ring broke up and came away. were not silicone lined but screw threads inside them, much harder to remove! Hth.

Yeah they are silicone lined and im using my usual micro ring removal pliers. Tried using the grooves to shape them back to a circle and also the pointy end to nip at them but no joy!! X

I purchased a little tool that has a cut out groove at the end of the pliers it's brilliant I never struggle to get them out

Latest posts

Back