Micro rings slipping

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tawnsta

Reaction score
Hey guys!
I've had a client with excessive slipping of micro rings.
Initially I fitted her with copper tubes and after about a fortnight she had a loss of around 25 strands, I refitted, retightened and went through aftercare extensively but she was back a week later with around the same loss.
I decided to completely remove, and refit with silicone lined micro rings, squeezed nice and tight about a week a go.
All without charge as I was concerned it was the copper tubes being the problem.
Shes messaged tonight asking for a removal due to excessive loss again, but also mentioned she feels the beads are too visible.
I've of course offered to move the ones she feels are too visible but explained to her that I strongly believe the loss to be an aftercare issue and offered to go back over the care.
Where do I stand here if she still wants a removal? I just want to be prepared incase she asks for a refund, etc.
She's not bought my aftercare range (options) but then a lot of my clients don't and I've never had this problem in the past.
I've spent around 3-4 hours unpaid in total trying to rectify the problem with her just incase it was down to the beads but now I feel that my kindness might bite me on the bum and be used against me to claim "bad fitting"
I might be worrying over nothing but I want to be prepared, what would you do?
Picture shows her fitting and the initial copper ring fitting which has now been changed to micro rings but I have no new fitting picture unfortunately
Xx
Sent from my C6903 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1414605244280.jpg
    1414605244280.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 249
Im having the EXACT same problem with one client. I refitted her lost strands twice (about 15 lost) And this week I just decided to redo her entire head over. I removed all the coopers and silicone and instead smalled ring 4mm that was very thight and used screws no silicone. Crossing my fingers it will work. I also recommended her to use sulfate-free shampoo as her hair naturally produces lots of oil....Im thinking maybe her shampoo that she was using was too oily :s

I really dont know what to do anymore. I have spend over 5-6 hours on her and didnt charge her

Its a weird one isn't it
I've offered to remove them and give her details to get the hair sent off to be changed into a weft.
I figure a free removal will stop any bad feelings, but by mentioning the company she could use to change the hair sort of lets her know I won't be offering a refund.
Since replying to her with this she's said she'll probably leave them in and see how she goes.
Hopefully she'll be more careful with her aftercare now that I've politely indicated a refund won't be occuring, but I've of course helped with any ideas that could be causing the problem xxx

Sent from my C6903 using SalonGeek mobile app

That's a weird one as I'd imagine if the rings were tight even the wrong shampoo wouldn't cause them to slip excessively on one wash unless she was really really rough with them?

Hope it's sorted now anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I usually use the 4.5mm or 4mm beads and double bead them xx

Are they coming out from 1 spot or randomly all over? X

I usually use the 4.5mm or 4mm beads and double bead them xx

Would you always doing bead out of curiosity? Or when do you feel the need to

Would you always doing bead out of curiosity? Or when do you feel the need to

Double!!!! Sorry iphone!!! Grr! Lol

Latest posts

Back