Microblading/brow embroidery training

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VictoriaHeron

Reaction score
Hi Geeks! I'm wanting some advice on training in micorblading/brow embroidery. I've been doing some research and rang a lady to ask about it. She uses a machine which I didn't realise, but she warned me against doing a two day course. She told me it's impossible to learn it in two days, I'll end up having to pay again for a better course etc. She seemed to feel very strongly about it! I thanked her for her help but I'm a little confused as I've seen ladies on here who have trained with companies that (I think) only do two day courses and their work looks amazing.

I appreciate you need to continue your practice after any course, but are the two day ones really useless? Or have any of you had any success/can recommend any that they felt they learned the technique really well from? Thanks lovelies!

I'm booked with Katerina in a couple of months hers is 4 days just doing eyebrows, so I'm happy it's that length of time, then I do my case studies I then go back for my assement so in total it's 5 days, here's her website have a nose, I hope I will be really good too seeing everyone's pictures, scared at the same time lol X

http://pmutraining.co.uk

I've looked at Katerina, the fee is a little more than I can afford but I'd love to train with her! Did you choose to book in a few months away or was that the next available course?

Ya that's her next available course 4th of January and after that she's got 11th of January and it's only 2 in a class which is good get more intimate training, I know I've put beauty offers up to help me pay towards so hopefully it'll all be paid for 2 weeks before it's due, I've heard to stay away elite & prive & and another company can't remember, I'm glad I've chose her, gar reviews and reputation are really good and and couple of my SPMU friends reccommended her to me too :) x

Yes Katrina I just don't understand her, look at her background. It's on her site. Massive claimes and all.

But even on her site it says about, she is just a few years newbie. Some of the stuff on her about is not cool, lots of attended classes, turned up at classes, but only been doing this 2 years max, now the master? I don't think so, are British people this slow?

Here look.

2013 she trained with LONG TIME LINER in Munich and got her first diploma in Permanent Make up for of pre-drawing. One week after she got her LONG TIME LINER diploma Licence I. “Permanent make up is her dream, her life and the most her passion”

August 2013Katerina attended the unique masterclass with Russia master Alina Soloveva And BIOTEK MILANO Anna Savina.

September 2013Attended a special class for colour theory with well known UK Permanent Make up company DERMACE.

October 2013Katerina went to learn to Poland. After a long, hard week of training she has been certified and recieved the title ELITE in permanent make up with LONG TIME LINER. Since than she is now recognised as an Elite permanent make up artist in UK

April 2014
Travelled to HONG KONG to train in the most invasive technique in permanent make up called Microblading with a hand tool known as embroidery or soft touch with international trainer Rebecca Chung.

June 2014Attended Nouveau Beauty pro-tips seminar

July 2014Katerina brought the new invasive technique called microblading also known as embroidery or soft touch to the UK as first person and organised the first unique masterclass in Hereford for qualified technicians to learn this amazing skill.

Katerina hosted, Rebecca Chung international permanent make up trainer from HONG KONG. IPM China trainer and introduced this technique officially to UK for the first time

August 2014Attended other class in UK organised by Naomi Waite and Claire Hobson to learn even more about permanent make up and met USA master Mary Ritcherson to learn her BRANCHING TECHNIQUE

In the same week she also learned new technique FLUFFY EYEBROWS from Natalyia Yeremenko from Estonia.

September 2014Advanced training in hand tool known as Soft touch (Rome, Italy)

November 2014

One of the judges for international championship

January 2015

training in Switzerland for new manual technique called DIAMANT BLADING and becoming EXCLUSIVE DISTRIBUTOR FOR UK

March 2015

ROMA Katerina Zapletalova teached small class of trainees in Microblading manual technique

Lots of turning up at seminars, but this stuff has been in the UK for year and China for longer.

I trained with Epibrows for only 2 days, I'd already done advanced brow courses but nothing remotely like semi permanent, I left my training very confident and my business has went through the roof by having this treatment! I guess it also depends on the trainee...some ppl just might not get it and need a 4 day course, others may pick up new techniques v.quickly. I'm a fast learner and especially from the practical side, if it was all just reading books and 'learning' I'd have still been trying to learn it ;) yes it's a lot of new theory but I found it easier to learn with all the practical x

JMABEAUTY can you stop hi jacking microblading pages please, all you put is negative things and we get it your against it!!!! No need to hi jack!!!! It's obviously your working for some one or your afraid microblading will take over and your loose clients from the machine, go and do your own negative page

Last edited:
JMABEAUTY can you stop hi jacking microblading pages please, all you put is negative things and we get it your against it!!!! No need to hi jack!!!! It's obviously your working for some one or your afraid microblading will take over and your loose clients from the machine, go and do your on negative page

I'm with you on this kitty! I don't get the negativity all the time! It's all very very strange and I think that katerina is a great artist whether she has been doing this 10 years or 10 months. I hate the unnecessary nastiness of trying to undermine someone's reputation. I feel that there must be some kind of agenda.

Have a fab time on your course. You get out what you put in, practice makes perfect and don't let any one put a dampener on things for you. I do machine spmu, this is all I do and a good income for me. I have worked my ass off and it has paid well for me despite lots of negativity in the beginning from others. Rise above the negativity xxx

I'm with you on this kitty! I don't get the negativity all the time! It's all very very strange and I think that katerina is a great artist whether she has been doing this 10 years or 10 months. I hate the unnecessary nastiness of trying to undermine someone's reputation. I feel that there must be some kind of agenda.

Have a fab time on your course. You get out what you put in, practice makes perfect and don't let any one put a dampener on things for you. I do machine spmu, this is all I do and a good income for me. I have worked my ass off and it has paid well for me despite lots of negativity in the beginning from others. Rise above the negativity xxx

Ha ha does my head in, I'm only trying to help the poor girl and you get JMABEAUTY giving it all that lol, she hasnt given us if she works for a SPMU or if she does the machine her background!!! I had this with semi permanent lashes when I did training people try put you off and I pushed and I'm doing really well, there's some one in my town only been doing it SPMU for a year she's amazing looks like she's had 10 years experience but like you said its all practice & confidence! Thanks ilovespmu i can't wait!!! I'm going go to do machine training in year also so I can save up for it whilst I do my microblading, where did you do your machine SPMU training? Be nice to know for the future X

Katerina comes very highly recommended and that wouldn't happen if she was secretly clueless! I was actually asking on peoples' opinions on course length/effectiveness which Kitty was kind enough to give me. Not a huge rant on why you don't rate someone!

AAAANYWAY, I don't currently do HD brows or anything like that so I'd most likely do that first. What was the uptake like for you ladies? Did you get a lot of clients asking for it? I've only recently just set up in a salon for makeup so I don't have a huge client base who would have it done.

Lol!!!! I would love to do hd brows it's really popular Round my area, I know this girl does it she really busy back to back, go for it! I want to train in everything ha ha, I love brows makes such a difference on faces :) you can do that first & then do microblading so you have more experience with brows, I was same as you couldn't decide which one to do first lol. Not sure if you have a Facebook page open one up and do a page get everyone to like it & share it so they can see it on their wall and build up and post pictures clients love looking at pictures, I get a lot of my clients on Facebook, I advertise on gumtree a get a few on there too X

I did billion dollar brow training before going on to micro blading and I must say I think it really helped me Both treatments are new and get an ok demand for them but where I live it's all word of mouth so I'm ok busy with both but could be busier x

Please help - I have an iPhone was trying to organise photos stupidly and I've lost all my Microblading training videos and photos all my set up photos I took videos and training photos I took not too mention all my customer photos I thought they were in a folder they were safe I haven't backed up and iCloud was full ages ago my own fault really what I'm asking is anyone who has trained with elite Microblading can help me out that would be amazing I'm so upset with myself right now ;(

Ha ha does my head in, I'm only trying to help the poor girl and you get JMABEAUTY giving it all that lol, she hasnt given us if she works for a SPMU or if she does the machine her background!!! I had this with semi permanent lashes when I did training people try put you off and I pushed and I'm doing really well, there's some one in my town only been doing it SPMU for a year she's amazing looks like she's had 10 years experience but like you said its all practice & confidence! Thanks ilovespmu i can't wait!!! I'm going go to do machine training in year also so I can save up for it whilst I do my microblading, where did you do your machine SPMU training? Be nice to know for the future X

Oh dear, many liked my post, it must have been an interest to some, oh and it's called embroidery, not micro blading.

And no I don't do this or pmu, but I see lots and lots of work.

People went mad on here they all jumped on the permanent mascara, I winced. Lots of people got in trouble, things went wrong and it phased out.

The same with blading (embroidery) rubbish work, lots of it, money back and legal cases are rife, I'm also on the board of an insurance body, I can point to 9 leagal cases I have seen.

No I'm not a fan of the newbie trainers.

Good luck with whatever you choose.

So I'm confused you like micro pigmentation but you don't like Microblading as it used to be called eyebrow embroidery ? So it's a new treatment revamped I'm seeing more therapists being sued for as simple as a massage it's everywhere , you don't like smpu altogether do you do any ? I'm not by any means saying here people can't have opinions and I'm not saying my work is amazing I'm enjoying helping people gain confidence through eyebrows and making people happy I'm still learning and gaining experience I suppose I'm just asking what you hate ?

I also jumped on the semi permanent mascara wagon and yes it wasn't amazing but now they have have changed it a bit and it's not that bad but it's not for everyone same as any treatment suits some but not all x

Please help answer a question I can't seem to make a new thread ;( I keep seeing a certain person saying micro blading needs to be banned and scaring people as far as I can see as when asked a question no reply many others after this person has commented has asked have been ignored also what is so wrong with it how is it so different to semi permanent make up why is this person allowed to half comment I'm not trying to start an argument I would just like to know why ?

Hi
I have been looking at microblading courses & it seems to be something of a mine field.
This morning I rang my insurence company & discussed it with them.
They have a list of companys that they are accredited with, they want you be NVG 3 in beauty with insurence costing approx £180. On top of this you need to speak to your local council for regulations & have a sharps disposal organised. That is just for starters.

If anyone has further info on starting up I would love to hear from you.
Also any trainers in Wiltshire area.

Thanks.

I've trained yes I had to register they send the info was really easy you do pay extra insurance for it I do for a few treatments I do so was no biggy really for me, do your research on trainers and check you can gain insurance with their course and look at your kit as some don't supply a full kit it was quite a bit extra expenditure on top of the course but I did it but by bit before training hope this helps x

JMABEAUTY can you stop hi jacking microblading pages please, all you put is negative things and we get it your against it!!!! No need to hi jack!!!! It's obviously your working for some one or your afraid microblading will take over and your loose clients from the machine, go and do your own negative page

Agree with you too!!!! I've seen too many comments from jmabeauty it's boooring! I am a semi permanent make up artist work with a machine, absolutely love microblading and would love to train!
If you girls are trained and microblading or spmu you should ask to be part of the Facebook groups. Everyone is so supportive

Latest posts

Back