Microblading eyebrows

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi,

Prive academy have training at the end of March which is UK accredited, the prerequisites are either SPMU or beauty therapy NVQ2 equivalent or higher. The course is £1495

Hope that might be helpful :)

Last edited:
Hi, I am new to this site, I hope somebody will be able to advise me.
I am eager to do a Microblading Training course and I have come across various ones.
The two that I have narrowed it down to are:- Haj Aslam & Secret Semi-permanents (BeautySchoolOnline).
Would anyone be able to point me in the right direction or give me any feedback please regarding these, i.e. are they reputable?
Thank you in advance :wink2:

This is something I'd run a mile from !! look into SPMU. I was only looking today on you tube at SPMU and come across vids of this I couldn't watch :-0.
I've just trained with Dermace and loved it! And you can just do brows if that's all your interested in.
was shocked to know this it's still allowed to be practiced in the uk. Don't want to sound like a bitch but it looks like torture :-0
Do any geeks do this?

I had my brows done by Deborah Egan who is Nouveau trained and fabulous. She recently trained in Microblading in LA and topped mine up using this method and it was the same pain as the original method but the result was much better, the hairstrokes are so detailed and they didn't scab up or look really dark for a week either. I definitely preferred it.

This is something I'd run a mile from !! look into SPMU. I was only looking today on you tube at SPMU and come across vids of this I couldn't watch :-0.
I've just trained with Dermace and loved it! And you can just do brows if that's all your interested in.
was shocked to know this it's still allowed to be practiced in the uk. Don't want to sound like a bitch but it looks like torture :-0
Do any geeks do this?

Hi Penelope

I'm not sure I really understand you message? Why are you shocked that micro lading is practiced in the uk?

Hi Penelope

I'm not sure I really understand you message? Why are you shocked that micro lading is practiced in the uk?

Me too :rolleyes:
This is SPMU, the manual method has actually been around a long time, longer than Dermace...it's an adaptation of the original manual methods I watched over 20 years ago when machine methods were just being launched, then we looked down on microblading as we had big shiny rotary machines....which subsequently, most of were proven to be impossible to sterilise properly and we were forced to change to new even more expensive digital machines and fancy sterilisers etc

These handheld tools are cheaper/ disposable/ autoclavable. The method of implantation is manual as opposed to mechanical yes, but it's actually less traumatic on the skin than a clump of needles penetrating upto 150 times per second with less bleeding etc. Its a preference and has its place alongside machine methods....I do both.

Last edited:
I am eager to do a Microblading Training course and I have come across various ones.
The two that I have narrowed it down to are:- Haj Aslam & Secret Semi-permanents (BeautySchoolOnline).
Would anyone be able to point me in the right direction or give me any feedback please regarding these, i.e. are they reputable?

I trained with Sam Secret Semi-Permanents, training was great.

Hi Penelope

Hi, yes Penelope me too ?

I trained in Slovenia with Prive who are now also coming to train in the UK.
They now do very little if ANY machine tattoo brows now. The microblade technique is far gentler on the skin, didn't even have to have skin numbed for mine !!! the results are so natural, don't spill colour giving a block line effect and semi permanent.

Europeans seem to class the tattoo method as PERMANENT makeup.

Bare Face Beauty - Professional Training

Yes love shocked .. it looks so scary but obviously it's still used and people actually prefer the results. It's just my personal preference I don't like the idea

Obviously haven't had mine done but am more open minded now to the micro blading.
Only trained in SPMU in February this year we were told of micro blading and the tutor said "it's still practiced in the uk" to me I thought she said that in a negative way. Like it's an old fashioned way.. I shall be picking her brain more when I go back x

Yes love shocked .. it looks so scary but obviously it's still used and people actually prefer the results. It's just my personal preference I don't like the idea

I was just curious as I see that you say you have only just trained so I'm guessing you haven't carried out many procedures. Even with the sophisticated machines we have now we still cause trauma to the skin. You will come across a lot of clients that bleed which can be quite an eye opener. I'm just wondering how you will feel about that if you find micro blading so shocking?

By the way I am actually genuinely interested not trying to provoke you! It just surprised me that you wrote you were surprised it was still allowed! X

Obviously haven't had mine done but am more open minded now to the micro blading.
Only trained in SPMU in February this year we were told of micro blading and the tutor said "it's still practiced in the uk" to me I thought she said that in a negative way. Like it's an old fashioned way.. I shall be picking her brain more when I go back x

Just seen this. Oh right I think I understand. I'm also dermace trained. Did you train in London or North?

No it's all new to me!
trained in north.
Watched a few vids on micro blading honestly I don't think I could do it it's just looks scary but I did once say that about SPMU !!

hi you have to be careful with this because there is no insurance company i am aware of that will insure you to do it unless it is micropigmentation and you need a proper cert to get that. microblading is considered a medical procedure by some insurance companies. its a bit of a grey area i think at the moment.

Regarding insurance after training, I work with Prive and Tatjana Damjanovic and our course has been approved and there is access to insurance on completion of the course.
We are very careful and thorough to ensure that any student who trains with us will be insurable. For us this method is a passion and really hope to see many more therapists in the UK as the results are very natural looking :)
Recommendation rates per client are excellent, the results speak for themselves xxx

Regarding insurance after training, I work with Prive and Tatjana Damjanovic and our course has been approved and there is access to insurance on completion of the course.
We are very careful and thorough to ensure that any student who trains with us will be insurable. For us this method is a passion and really hope to see many more therapists in the UK as the results are very natural looking :)
Recommendation rates per client are excellent, the results speak for themselves xxx

Who has it been approved with? Is it accredited and what insurance companies will insure your course?

Ive looked at a few courses at the moment I'm in two minds as to train or not with it being so new, katerina has good reviews as does epibrows

I don't know why everyone thinks this is new...it's just in trend again after years of the machine methods being the "in thing"

When I was calling around insurers most didn't differentiate between the methods as they're both classed as skin micropigmentation. I've done spmu with Finishing Touches and Epibrows. I am with Holistics Insurance for both.

Latest posts

Back