Microcurrent causing tooth pain

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kamikate

Reaction score
I have a CACI client who has been coming to me for almost a year now. She says her teeth hurt during the treatment and continue to hurt afterwards. Her dentist says CACI is the problem and she should stop treatments! I have said the microcurrent is probably uncovering an underlying dental issue. CACI has said the same. Has anyone had similar problems with electrical facial equipment?

Has she got fillings?

Hi. I'm sure you've touched on this but if she has any mental dentistry that can cause discomfort.
I have had clients who have said it gives them headaches, eye twitches, toothache, muscle spasms and all sorts over the years-9 times out of 10 it is only during the treatment/for 5 minutes following so I would be inclined to agree with you and say it probably is an underlying dental problem but if her dentist isn't saying the same I would possibly not continue treatment?xxx

I too have discomfort with microcurrent (and also galvanic) treatment but not dental pain. The odd thing is she doesn't have a tooth where the pain is so I can only think it's something below the gum. Fillings I'm not sure I haven't asked. It could be fillings around the area. I had someone once who had fillings and had pain during and after galvanic. I've stopped treatment now but I don't think I'll be able to convince her to pursue this with her dentist.

I find some clients with a lot of metal dental work find biting on a dry piece of cotton wool around the affected area reduces discomfort?

Excessive fillings are a contraindication to most advanced facials (galvanic, faradism, and nonsurgical face lift). This should have been identified in a consultation. Definitely discontinue the treatment or offer an alternative which the client will find more comfortable xxx

Excessive fillings are a contraindication to most advanced facials (galvanic, faradism, and nonsurgical face lift). This should have been identified in a consultation. Definitely discontinue the treatment or offer an alternative which the client will find more comfortable xxx
Thank you. I know we are warned about fillings but funny thing is, it doesn't always seem to go by how many fillings you hve. A lady I know who had pain had fillings but not excessive (4-5), and I myself have only 2 but I'm v sensitive to electrical.

Hi kamikate,

As Rachael pointed out fillings are a contraindication of microcurrent and usually most people are fine and you can avoid the pain by avoiding the area, however if the dentist has suggested she stops then its best to consider an alternative.
if she was having microcurrent treatments for lines and wrinkles i'd suggested trying radio frequency as an alternative, it has its own contraindications but fillings isn't one of them.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,
mel :)
Neo elegance

Latest posts

Back