Microdermabrasion, do you still find it popular?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBeautyRoomClinic

Reaction score
Hi everyone.... as the title says do you still find the treatment popular?

i currently use Skinbase Microdermabrasion on PayG... It was quite popular when i first took on this treatment just shy of 2 years ago however its gradually got less and less popular at my salon, i recently took on the Medik8 Skin Peel range and i offer both chemical and enzyme peels, most clients who have previously had the MD treatment have now moved on to the peels so i currently have 1 client who has a MD treatment every other month.

maybe its my fault maybe i haven't promoted it enough or maybe the interest has just fizzled out right now i'm paying £12.24 every week which is £48.96/ £61.20 a month and its just sitting there gathering dust when the money could be used for something else... but knowing my luck i will get rid of it and get loads of people wanting the treatment! i just don't know what to do for the best.

anyone else been in a similar position? what would you do....

Hi

I took on microderm about 8 weeks ago. Iv only had 2 weeks that I haven't used it. To be honest it's not the hot treatment I thought it would be, maybe because my business is strongly dominated on nails, makeup & brows.

I think nowadays people like instant results, something MD doesn't do. Getting clients to invest is hard. Il probably give it 12 months then see if it's worth while.

Hope that helps xx

Hi LaurenSparkles Thank you yes this helps a lot, i know what you mean i think people are more interested in more instant results that's why they are going more for the peels, maybe i will push it a little more and give it to the end of the year....

I have a machine that does Oxygen facials and Microderm and when i was going through things last week i realised i havent used it at all this year! I do offer a peel and other facials as part of my main skincare range so maybe that is why but i think in reality this machine will be up for sale soon which is a shame because its a great piece of kit but there just doesnt seem to be any interest in these treatments anymore x

thanks for your reply molemaid, I agree there's just no interest x

I promote it with heavily discounted block bookings. I think it sells itself, you have to promote the benefits and the aftercare. I've managed to ensure that nearly every client has upgraded to buy my SPF amongst other things! he he he!

You get a lot of people whining about discounting a service, but if you create a buzz around it and have a introductory rate, people are more likely to part with their cash- even if they are cash strapped. hths xoxo

I use my SkinBreeze microdermabrasion machine at least once a day, and more often two or three times a day. That said, facials form the majority of my bookings. I suppose it also depends upon how your clients book - mine book on what I as the professional recommend for their skin, not on what the magazines say is the latest fashion or fad!

Latest posts

Back