Microdermabrasion or electrical facials?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rainbowtanning

Reaction score
I am considering doing a short course with Carlton Institute on Electrical facials. I have an at home salon and wondered if anyone else with a similar set up have found microdermabrasion or electrical facials popular? Any feedback would be appreciated xx

Electrical facials can be used on a lot more clients and may require less capital outlay (cheaper machines). But mdb can be sold as a specific treatment.

Research your client base, I plan on doing both but am starting with electrical facials. Then prob micro current and then mdb. But depends on how I do that ... If skinbase mdb a lot sooner ... But I would prefer the Carlton chroma peel.

Mat

Thanks for your reply x

I am considering doing a short course with Carlton Institute on Electrical facials. I have an at home salon and wondered if anyone else with a similar set up have found microdermabrasion or electrical facials popular? Any feedback would be appreciated xx

I offer non-surgical facelifting (Carlton), diamond head microdermabrasion (Carlton) peels and microcurrent facials (Carlton).

By far and away the most popular treatment is microdermabrasion. The Carlton machine is fab, really sturdy and comes with brushing and colour therapy. My clients absolutely love it and I recently did a promotion and 95% of people booked in for microdermabrasion. Mat, you really have to get one!

I find that people shy away from the peels but microdermabrasion and microcurrent facials are really popular.

HTH
PB
x

I know someone who did this course with the carlton institute and says that if you want extra practice or access to the machines for nvq case studied then you have to pay them to get access or buy one of each machine entirely. Definately shop around for a course as electrical facials and microdermabrasion take a while to get a full understanding of

I've just spent the day with Penny Turvey doing Galvanic and High Frequency training one to one. I had a great day, learnt loads and really surprised just how versatile these two treatments are and what you can do with them!

Hmmm that doesn't sound good!! At the moment I really want an over view on what each treatment does, what the best is and what my clients will go for. It wouldn't be financially practical for me to purchase more than one machine but I really don't want to pay out a few hundred pounds if the course isn't going to give me the best training in the treatment that I choose.

I've just spent the day with Penny Turvey doing Galvanic and High Frequency training one to one. I had a great day, learnt loads and really surprised just how versatile these two treatments are and what you can do with them!

Oooh, sounds great. Who is Penny Turvey? xx

Penny is a very experienced therapist and trainer, she was Chair of HABIA and now sits on its board of directors. You can find out more on her website - http://pennyturveybeautytraining.com/

Mat

Hi Rainbow Tanning,

Microdermabrasion is definitely a popular treatment with most of the salons we supply to (I'm from Silhouette International) and one of the other posters here makes a good point, you need to have a look at your client base to see whether this treatment would be worth your while.

Many of our clients focus on the 'celebrity' element of Microdermabrasion (its said to be a firm favourite of the likes of Madonna and Jennifer Lopez) but others focus on its benefits.

With regards to non-surgical face lifts, again it depends on your client base. We've recently had a client of a salon who has said that our Dermalift machines have completely replaced her need for botox, which is great however, you need to be confident that the machines will pull that much needed revenue for you as a business.

Hi - I've just opened my own beauty room at home and I have 'hired' the Skinbase MDB on a Pay As You Go (PAYG) basis. It has proved very popular at my launch party, especially if you can do 'deals' during the first couple of weeks. Skinbase supply everything you need without any 'outlay' and they give you a 2 week period where they do not charge you anything and any treatments you do in this period is all profit for yourself. They even supply discount vouchers for you to distribute to get the most from the 2 weeks you have free. After the 2 weeks, it reverts to the PAYG system and they will charge you for 1 treatment per week, whether you use the machine or not and so you may as well offer some discounts to clients and use it (it costs about £13 per week).... they maintain the machine, replenish all the items you need to carry treatments etc etc... it really is a win win deal. its been worthwhile for my business and I would recommend Skiinbase highly. You will get a one on one training period with a Skinbase trainer before you begin... well worth it... Hope this helps.

Just wanted to say I'm loving the Carlton Professional love on this thread!! Many thanks Geeks!!

I'm Carlton Professionals UK trainer & just wanted to say that anyone interested in our equipment is very welcome to come to our showrooms & training tower for a chat & a demo in the new year. (Just to point out that we're not in any way affiliated to the Carlton institute, so our training courses are only suitable once you have your basic electrical training qualification). Just PM me here or MSG us on twitter @thecarltongroup.

In the mean time if you ever need any help or advice on electrical facials or MDA then please don't hesitate to ask!! In the interest of giving you the best advice I will even do my best to be impartial! Can't say fairer than that...

I can back up the post above!
Myself and the 2 other trainers from Eve Taylor spend 2 days at Carlton doing intensive training with all of their machines.
Fantastic well built British made machines that do what they say they do.
Great training too - very indepth!

To the OP. It all depends on your market, but remember that MDB isnt for everyone as some are contraindicated to it.
You may be able to get a broader range of treatments from electricals.
http://www.salongeek.com/members/bombalurina.html

Just wanted to say I'm loving the Carlton Professional love on this thread!! Many thanks Geeks!!

I'm Carlton Professionals UK trainer & just wanted to say that anyone interested in our equipment is very welcome to come to our showrooms & training tower for a chat & a demo in the new year. (Just to point out that we're not in any way affiliated to the Carlton institute, so our training courses are only suitable once you have your basic electrical training qualification). Just PM me here or MSG us on twitter @thecarltongroup.

In the mean time if you ever need any help or advice on electrical facials or MDA then please don't hesitate to ask!! In the interest of giving you the best advice I will even do my best to be impartial! Can't say fairer than that...[/QUOTE

In all seriousness, Carlton are a truly fabulous company to deal with. Professional, friendly absolutely no quibbles about anything!

PB
x

Latest posts

Back