Microdermabrasion: Ouch help me!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Missy106

Reaction score
Hi im over from hair! I had my 2nd microdermabrasion yesterday and ive just washed my face with a cleanser and put some johnsons baby lotion on and im burning up!!! Gone all red! Ouch! Lucia xxx

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1385469894.445337.jpg this is a photo!

I can't help as I don't know a thing about microdermabrasion, though i would suggest wash off whatever you've put on your face with water only and then apply a cold compress to the red areas. Hopefully someone will come along who can help a little more. Xx

Do not use johnsons baby lotion!!! Its possible the worst thing u can use hun. People think its decent because its for babies but its actually really harsh. Wash it all off and try not to put any mousturiser on for a few hours at least. I do microderm and have never really seen this. Im sure it will go down within a few hours if not get it checked as it could be a reaction to something. U say it was your second one. Did u use the same cleanser and baby lotion after the first one?? X

Get the products off and use sudocrem! Looks like they've gone quite harsh on your skin? Or did it come up worse because of the cream? Are you taking any medication?

Why not contact your therapist who carried out the treatment, I am sure she will be able to advise you.

It calmed down after an hour, ive not put the baby lotion on after having it done before, i was just putting it on my daughter and put it in me!!! Never again lol! Scared me a bit actually xx

Has this happened to anyone else? Xx

Hi

Some clients experience more redness than others. Did the therapist give you an aftercare advice sheet? There should be a list of products to avoid especially anything containing AHA's and they should have finished your treatment with a SPF15 moisturiser. Therefore you shouldn't require anything further today. Keep splashing with cold water and if the redness hasn't gone by the morning call them.

I always let my clients know that they can contact me should they have any cause for concern but if this was your first treatment it should have been a gentle one. Maybe they were a little over zealous.

Debbie

Hi

Some clients experience more redness than others. Did the therapist give you an aftercare advice sheet? There should be a list of products to avoid especially anything containing AHA's and they should have finished your treatment with a SPF15 moisturiser. Therefore you shouldn't require anything further today. Keep splashing with cold water and if the redness hasn't gone by the morning call them.

I always let my clients know that they can contact me should they have any cause for concern but if this was your first treatment it should have been a gentle one. Maybe they were a little over zealous.

Debbie

Thanks yes it cAlmed down after an hour thank god! I wont be using any products after my face after the next one! Lol xx

You may want to use Aloe Vera gel after your next treatment, salons that carry out Electrolysis often stock small tubes or Holland and Barrett sell large tubes of it. I would avoid any product that contains petro-chemicals such as aqueous cream and I would recommend caution with Sudocrem as it contains paraffin wax and liquid paraffin this can exacerbate any residual heat in the skin, I would only use it once any redness has subsided.

As an aside, I always strongly recommend to my clients that they avoid using any Johnson products on children, many of my clients are midwives and are strongly anti using all the synthetic ingredients and petro-chems on your little ones.

You may want to use Aloe Vera gel after your next treatment, salons that carry out Electrolysis often stock small tubes or Holland and Barrett sell large tubes of it. I would avoid any product that contains petro-chemicals such as aqueous cream and I would recommend caution with Sudocrem as it contains paraffin wax and liquid paraffin this can exacerbate any residual heat in the skin, I would only use it once any redness has subsided.

As an aside, I always strongly recommend to my clients that they avoid using any Johnson products on children, many of my clients are midwives and are strongly anti using all the synthetic ingredients and petro-chems on your little ones.

Thank you ruby xx

Isnt it crazy that something thats made out to be so good for skin can be quite bad for most of us. Mind you i do find its worse for adults than babies so dont let it put you off completely. But i do find baby lotion and such really stings the hell out of most adults and gives them a reaction for a while after using it. Anyway im glad it cleared up for you quickly. X

How long was it before your first and second treatment?

That might be a little bit swift, this treatment isn't my particular field of expertise but skin is! so I'm sure you should ideally have a month between treatments or at the very least two weeks.

For now I would recommend leaving it a month, using at least an spf30 when you go out, avoid subeds or any stimulation to your face. Also avoid sensitising chemicals such as SLS contained in most foaming facial cleansers, I would personally recommended paring it down to olive oil and a hot cloth while your skin recovers, toned with a little rose water and followed with a good moisturiser.

That might be a little bit swift, this treatment isn't my particular field of expertise but skin is! so I'm sure you should ideally have a month between treatments or at the very least two weeks.

For now I would recommend leaving it a month, using at least an spf30 when you go out, avoid subeds or any stimulation to your face. Also avoid sensitising chemicals such as SLS contained in most foaming facial cleansers, I would personally recommended paring it down to olive oil and a hot cloth while your skin recovers, toned with a little rose water and followed with a good moisturiser.

Well this treatment is advised to have in a course of 3, with 7 days between them due to doing a deep clean. X

Ah right! I've never studied or carried out this procedure so I shall bow out a leave someone more learned to step in!

Latest posts

Back