Microdermabrasion - what skincare products?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautyfwithin

Reaction score
Am getting my PAYG microdermabrasion machine this week coming and am just wondering what products do people use with it.

I am offering the basic treatment, but would like to offer a treatment with a mask and massage to increase the benefit to the client and to boost my profits.

thanks for the help

Whatever brand you choose, you need a gel based cleanser for pre mdb.
Post mdb you need to soothe, calm and reinforce the skins barrier plus protect with solar protection.
Personally I'd omit massage as its too stimulating for the skin after

Do a search for skinbase and there's many threads on products used

We do a full range of glycolic products and microderm equipment/disposables.
PM me for more details.

Am getting my PAYG microdermabrasion machine this week coming and am just wondering what products do people use with it.

I am offering the basic treatment, but would like to offer a treatment with a mask and massage to increase the benefit to the client and to boost my profits.

thanks for the help

I offer Carlton ChromaPeel Diamond Head microdermabrasion as opposed to crystals. I use Monu (Susan Molyneux) skincare products.

I carry out this treatment as part of a full facial which includes a facial and neck massage with Monu oil to and also a hydrating mask, both of which help to calm and intensively hydrate the skin.

I like to do this as it means that post microdermabrasion, the client has these products on her face for around 25 minutes and the skin is gorgeous afterwards, soft, smooth and hydrated with no soreness or redness. I personally have not had any clients experiencing problems with massaging the face and neck after microdermabrasion. Obviously, don't be too heavy handed :biggrin:

Without a single exception, every client has rebooked this treatment after their first one and a couple have even purchased gift vouchers for friends to have this treatment. It's an absolute winner.

Whatever skincare you are using, just make sure you choose the gentle/soothing/hydrating products in the range.

HTH
PB
x

thanks for the help

I used to have this particular system your getting, i used my MONU skincare but you need a Facial wash (foaming is best), then a hydrating or sensitive mask for after, a very hydrating moisturiser or lotion with spf 15 (min) is recommended and a great retail item! Im assuming they will be training you when you receive your machine, so their trainer should go through this with you x

I use the PAYG machine and chose Clarins. They do a lovely foaming cleanser and lovely moisturisers that are gentle enough for after microdermabrasion sessions:wink2:

Hi ShedDunlop - did you just buy Clarins retail and use or do you stock it? Just asking as I am considering Clarins/started the process of take on and that sounds a lovely combo.. ta x

Latest posts

Back