microdermabrasion!!!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shelley-Anne

Reaction score
HI,
can someone tell me if microderabrasion is a money maker?
I want to invest but im holding myself back, what with the "credit crunch" could i end up losing alot of money?
:eek: shelley

Definitely. 100% Yes. Because it's a 'doing' facial, you're more likely to get people wanting to try a course, as opposed to a relaxing facial that doesn't provide instant results.

I agree with Lucy-Jayne. It's a large initial outlay, but you will more than make your money back by selling a few courses. And it's brilliant for absolutely any skin type; every company will give you slightly different training, but the machine I use (and train people on) can even be used on clients with very sensitive skin, or with broken capillaries, as long as you're careful. Therefore, every client has the potential to become a microdermabrasion client, even if they don't have specific skin problems!!

It's a brilliant facial to offer, most people have heard about it already so you won't need to push people very hard into having a treatment, and you can see instant results from the first treatment.

If you want more info on the machines I use PM me, I'd be glad to help you. I'm passionate about microdermabrasion!!!

I agree ..it is a good investment ,clients class it as a very deep down cleaning treatment ,it's excellent treatment which makes skin look younger softer and more radiant. It's deep cleaning right down to the pores and stimulates new collagen growth. The effects are immediate and is one of the most popular non-surgical facials, it also is a skin revitalizing method with exfoliation to smooth lines, scars and wrinkles. it can combat signs of ageing and sun-damaged skin. It also treats acne, acne scarring, stretch marks and helps sun damaged skin in need of rejuvenation.

It improves many skin problem areas. The procedure is fast and provides little discomfort. It complements most treatment programs by providing a gentle but effective mechanical peeling of the skin.The result is glowing younger-appearing skin tone including an improvement in the skin's texture and appearance.You probably know all this sorry for rambling lol but i would invest in one.

You can starat off with a mobile machine, they costs less, the salon where i am has one and it is fine, although i would recommend shopping around, look at prices and the differences bewteen each machine, we have a microbase or is it dermabase?! mind blank, anyway, most people who have had one treatment, have booked a course and loved the results. it uses aluminium oxide crystals, although there is talk of diamond wands being more popular, but do shop around as apparently you can get machines that can get in nearer the eyes and more delicate areas, where as you can't with the machine we use. Good Luck, im sure you'll do well, oh yeah, with the one we use, you can have the machine for a 2 week trial period for free and thats how we decided it would be worth it. xxx

actually it is a skinbase machine, sorry! just woken up! x

:)BIG THANKS, been really worried about the whole thing, its such a big investment. will look around and see whats out there.
cheers again x
quote=shelley-Anne;795536]HI,
can someone tell me if microderabrasion is a money maker?
I want to invest but im holding myself back, what with the "credit crunch" could i end up losing alot of money?
:eek: shelley[/quote]

These treatments are generally in good demand and the machines themselves have come on a long way and are considerably cheaper now than they used to be.

There are now machines that utolise gel's rather than crystals and as such are non invasive and therefore the qualification criteria for their use is far less than the invasive machines.
Given the climate I am confident that the manufacturers and dealers would be only to happy to do a good deal for you right now.
Good luck

The gels apparently are much smoother & cooler not like the crystals ,they are a bit like sand a bit like sandblasting your skin ...but good thou. i think it would be fair to set yourself a price of 30-40 pounds per treatment as the products can be pricey.

Can you do this if you are a mobile therapist? I would love to be able to get training and offer this maybe next year.

Can you do this if you are a mobile therapist? I would love to be able to get training and offer this maybe next year.

Yes, you can get a mobile microdermabrasion machine, PM me if you'd like details :) XX

i am new so dont know what PM means sorry guys :( but please could you let me know what machine is best skin base have given me a good price xx

Hi there, i introduced microdermabrasion to my salon 6 weeks ago and its fantastic. Its a great treatment, has boosted my salon and really put a buzz back into the place.

I have posted on a different thingy (don' know what these chats are called) about the treatment. Its very hard when looking at new pieces of equipment, everyone is telling you theirs is the best. My advice would be to look at the machine, ask about the training and also be cheeky and ask the person doing the demonstration what are their qualifications. I took ages to my supplier and i'm so glad i did. The training we got was 2 days and now knowing what i do know there's no way its should be anything less. I've been in the industry many years and i was shocked at how much i didn't know!

My machine has both crystal and diamonds so i get the best of both worlds and our results are fantastic, happy clients make me very happy. When you're looking to invest in new treatments it doesn't matter if you spend 2000 or 5000, if youre not 100% behind the treatment and 100% sure about the company its very hard to make it work. Look at the training very closely, it really makes a difference and is not worth scrimping on for a deal. Some of the companies i looked at last year have gone bust, somethimes deals or cheap machines don't make long term good business and i'd rather pay a little more or have to save up and get long term assuarnce the company will be around next year. If you buy a big piece of equipment like this then it will need to last you a good few years. But overall its a very exciting treatment that gets results and produces very happy clients! :hug:

oh honey you need to get microd! its the most amazing and addictive treatment your clients will love!
as the girls below said you book them in for courses!
I use Diamond Microd and have done for about 9 years, got both their microd machines.I love it with the oxygen as they work great together. The back up and support is great, unlike some people. They are reasonably priced and hey you get what you pay for!
Diamond International Pty Ltd - Leaders in aesthetic technology

Latest posts

Back