Mid range gel polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JustStef2016

Reaction score
Hey guys , I am looking for a mid range gel polish to start when I finish my level 2 in beauty. I will be charging a discounted rate as I am new and but don't want to put myself out of pocket thanks in advice Stef x

Ink London I lac?

Thank you for your replies . I will write them down. I'm going to the beauty show in excel so can go to their stalls x

Which ever brand you decide to go with make sure you work out your cost per service including your time and charge accordingly. Even with a discount make sure you're charging enough to cover your cost and make some profit for yourself. Good Luck!

Which ever brand you decide to go with make sure you work out your cost per service including your time and charge accordingly. Even with a discount make sure you're charging enough to cover your cost and make some profit for yourself. Good Luck!

thanks for the advice. I do like normal opi varnish myself. I would like to give the gel a go. I might try gelux too. I will see when I go to the show. gel manicures cost a lot more in price than normal nail polishes. As you the colour can and top coat is expensive. To begin with I will probably offer the service to friends withs £5 off until I gain confidence then it will be normal rate. my nail painting is improving but still have a way to go until i will be like wow look at my work. It is all down to experience.

If you are going to the show next week, use it as a way to research different products. Go with nothing on your own nails and get a sample applied of as many brands as you can - there are so many that you might have to make a list of your main preferences before you go. Make a note of which brand is on which finger and make notes on how easy it was to apply, how long it took etc. Keep them on for two weeks to see how each one wears and them remove them yourself one at a time to see how easy removal is for each product.

I know this sounds extreme, but this is the way I did it when all the products first came out a few years ago. I spent ages waiting at each stand, but it was well worth it and I was able to make a really informed decision before I bought into a range. I ended up with a table of pros and cons on eight brands based on my own experience.

It is worth finding out the cost of the relevant lamps and products, but the cost per bottle is only relevant when you first buy because the difference between an expensive brand and a cheaper brand is minimal (pennies) if you work it out per service.

Thanks for your advice , I looked at Jessica nails ( out of my price range ) opi lamp isn't coming until spring and Ibd. I liked the application of the Ibd and I thought the price per polish is reasonable . £10. I thought I would get their set and even was able to but an additional 5 colours . I am wearing their "Juliette" polish and love it . No chips so far. I hasn't perfected my application as of yet . I wanted a mid range to start off so I can only it a £1 or £2 cheaper then going to progress onto opi gels or gelish. I loved the show it was crazy busy !

Have a look at le chat perfect match polish available at ASU nail and beauty they have great packages available xxx

Okay I will do, thank you so much . Everyone has been so helpful x

Latest posts

Back