Mineral Foundation HELP!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noulady

Reaction score
I have recently ordered some mineral foundation because i have heard so many good things about it, but it just looks c**p on my skin :irked:
I usally use liquid foundation without powder, but am wanting extra coverage due to spots and open pores(and the odd wrinkle a 37 year old gets)

I just look like I have talc on my face it makes my pores and wrinkles blooming worse, I have not got the proper brush yet as I think It may be I'm just a liquid girl at heart.

Please help does it really make that much difference with a mineral brush?

Last edited by a moderator:
I use mineral foundation but don't use the recommended brush. It did take a bit of gettting used to, I must admit!

The key with mineral foundation seems to be a/ you don't need much and b/ you really need to 'scrub' it into the skin. A light dusting really doesn't cut it and looks...well like talc!

The brush I use is a medium sized dense brush, i pick up a little powder, bang the bottom of the brush gently on a surface, letting the powder settle into the brush then brush into the skin in a kind of circular motion. Don't dust!

You can always apply more so start with a tiny amount and build from there.

Let us know how you get on.

You've got to blend, blend, blend it into your skin. And you have to use a natural haired brush. Synthetic doesn't hold the powder right. I do use a kabuli brush and it is fab. xxxx

I love my kabuki brush. It's by Inika & it makes it so much easier to buff in the minerals foundation.

Make sure your moisturiser is absorbed, and you use a little bit at once and really buff it in.

Some brand recommend using the finishing powder underneath to hide open pores.

Yes, Bernadette is right about the moisturiser. Make sure you put it on at least 20 mins before your make up. xx

Thanks girls

I have sent for my brush, but looks like I will have to get up earlier in the morning till I master this powder:irked:oh poo I dont do mornings:eek:

LOL, I don't do mornings either, so I know how you feel!

I don't need to actually use moisturiser before putting on my mineral foundation, as it actually seems to keep my face more "moist". You could moisturise before you go to bed and then you can put the make up on without any waits in the morning. It literally takes me minutes to do. I think once you get the proper brush you'll have a lot more success!

Marion xxxx

I don't do mornings either. Just spend some time playing with your makeup until you figure it out. I find mineral makeup super quick to do.

Latest posts

Back