Mineral or liquid?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emcmillan

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am in the process of organising my kit, I must admit i prefer working with liquid foundation but which would you advise is better for a make up kit? I eventually want to purchase a varying range but as a beginners MUA kit do you prefer mineral make up to liquid?

Also for jane Iredale, Art deco etc would I require a salon as im mobile/home based would I need to retail the items?

I have looked at bare minerals from debenhams but im just not sure what to invest in!

My main focus would be brides but also occasion looks,

Many thanks in advance!

Jane Iredale seem to be fine with mobile as I emailed them this week to arrange a metting with a sales person in my area to purchase a mobile kit :) They too offer liquid mineral make-up. The email addy I contacted for info was [email protected]

OK it's personal preference, so if you prefer liquid, stick with it.

I'm a liquid foundation gal myself. I've tried minerals and I just don't like them. In my experience the finish isn't as good and they are not as long lasting. But that is just my opinion, I know a lot of geeks love minerals.

Hi, I've stocked JI for many years now, and had never really got on with their liquid foundation, but they have now brought out a BB cream, which I think is fantastic. I've used it under the Pure pressed base and the finish is superb, although I generally use the Pure pressed on it's own. You do need to bear in mind your personal pref, but I would say I had always preferred liquid til I tried Jane Iredale. Hope that helps x

Thank you ladies!! I just cant decide! Im with you salj i just dont think the finish is as good however ive only tried bare minerals - i might see the prices of Jane Iredale and see if they will give me samples to try first! Salj what liquid would you suggest - i like make up forever but ive heard illamasqua is amazing but ive not tried it?x

Thank you ladies!! I just cant decide! Im with you salj i just dont think the finish is as good however ive only tried bare minerals - i might see the prices of Jane Iredale and see if they will give me samples to try first! Salj what liquid would you suggest - i like make up forever but ive heard illamasqua is amazing but ive not tried it?x
There are some great ones out there. My favourite 2 are actually the ones you mention - I love Illamasqua's skin base and Makeup Forever's HD Foundation. MAC's face & body is also great for bridal because it's sheer, buildable and it's waterproof!

I have illmasqua skin base (about 3 in each colour shade, plus white, so I can mix) and MAC F&B (lightest and darkest of each shade and white again), in my kit. I also have airbase foundation for the airbrush (although sometimes I use this with a brush too!)

I also just bought a Ben Nye cream palette which has good reviews but I haven't tried it out yet.

On a side note, my current personal favourite for my dry winter skin is Chanel's Vitalumiere Aqua but it's far too pricey and too limited in colour range for my kit.

thank you so much! At least i know i am on the right track! Thank you for the shade advice also! You may hear from me again haha!

Latest posts

Back