Minimist arrived questions please help x

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tinkywinky said:
I'm trained in spray tanning and have done it for one year, and got my minimist & pop up cubicle today. Very excited!! It's from the Spray tan cubicle co. not tantrick I'm afraid. Hopefully you will still help me tho:Scared: and not shout at me for buying their machine;)

Anyway for those minimist users - do you find it has a lot of overspray?? I have turned the knob to the left to reduce the amount of spray that comes out. it is a fine mist, the same as it used to.

Just sprayed myself in the shower but there was a bit of overspray I think it was due to me doing it myself.

Anyway is that normal just wondering if I am doing something wrong??

Please advise..

Thanks

XXX

Need to ask..have you had your training yet??? Normally spray tanning training lasts approx 3-5 hours dependant on numbers and student's background...and shoould fill you with confidence and you wouldn't usually have to ask this type of question if you were trained properly???????????????

I must admit once I had had the training with my mini mist machine I had loads more confidence with the machine and giving the tan, as it covered every base that you would encounter when using the equipment and products ... a must if you want to get the best from your equipment and service.

Training is worth every penny... :)

JMO!

Had the training with another company a year ago Fiona, have been doing it since then, just upgraded and bought this package. x Although yes it may be an idea to get seperate training on the machine itself - good idea xx

I'm so excited. Bought mini mist & cubicle for £380 + VAT from spray tan cubicle co and I think you get a litre of solution. It should be here on Monday. I am going for my training this afternoon. The company were really helpful and gave me loads of advice over the phone. The training is £55 for 3 hours and I think there are just 2 or 3 of us doing it. Going to use Fake Bake. Sure all my family will be tanned by the end of the week lol.

Let you know how the training goes

Janine x

janjan1 said:
I'm so excited. Bought mini mist & cubicle for £380 + VAT from spray tan cubicle co and I think you get a litre of solution. It should be here on Monday. I am going for my training this afternoon. The company were really helpful and gave me loads of advice over the phone. The training is £55 for 3 hours and I think there are just 2 or 3 of us doing it. Going to use Fake Bake. Sure all my family will be tanned by the end of the week lol.

Let you know how the training goes

Janine x

Just out of interest.... what is the solution you get with the Spray Tan Cubicle Company? Is it a well known brand?

Its called Ocean, nice colour sprayed myself with it and it's good xx

Just got back from training. It was good and looks dead easy. I can't believe how noisy the machine is though? The spray tan cubicle co also do a blue coloured machine which gives less overspray but is a bit bigger. Think its cheaper too. Don't think its on their website but if you ask over the phone they will tell you about it. Think you can get the machine for about £160 and apparently it gives the same result. (don't quote me on that tho). Can't wait for mine to arrive and get started.

Happy tanning x

janjan1 said:
Just got back from training. It was good and looks dead easy. I can't believe how noisy the machine is though? The spray tan cubicle co also do a blue coloured machine which gives less overspray but is a bit bigger. Think its cheaper too. Don't think its on their website but if you ask over the phone they will tell you about it. Think you can get the machine for about £160 and apparently it gives the same result. (don't quote me on that tho). Can't wait for mine to arrive and get started.

Happy tanning x
Was your training with Tantrick or another company as Tinkywinky said that the Tantrick one was NOT that noisy??????:eek:

I bought the spray tan machine from the spray tan cubicle company, the minimist is less noisy than the earlex machines (which I have had and they are really really noisy) so I suppose yes it is a little noisy but when you've been used to the other machines it is quite a refreshing change!

All HVLP (High Volume Low Pressure) machines will be noisy, some more so than others, the Tantrick TC3 Unit is so much quieter than both the Minimist and the Earlex due to its acoustic housing and it uses even less solution.

These are all turbine driven machines and use the same type of motor as you will find in a vacuum cleaner, it is the most effective on the market for spray tanning. Depending on the one you have and where you buy it from, you can benefit from far less overspray, although it is interesting to see how much overspray some peole do get from a MiniMist when it is not used correctly.

Compressors generally give out more overspray as they are spraying at a high psi (pounds per square inch), these can be used with airbrushes or spray guns. Some have guns marked HVLP but are actually attached to compressor/s inside a box. These are not true HVLP machines.

training was with spray tan cubicle co. Is their mini mist not the same model as tantrick then?

Yes they use the same machine

Latest posts

Back