MiniMist Trademark - The Facts

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spray 2 Go

Independent Geek!
Reaction score
Due to so many confused, mis-interpreted and incorrect postings, we thought it would be important to share the following factual information with everyone here on the Salon Geek site.

Firstly, Tantrick were invited to name the T100 for their use in the UK by a representitive of Apollo Sprayers USA. The model name for this machine will be found on the serial plate which is located on the underside of the machine.

The following link (Trade marks - find by number) which can be clicked on below is to the official UK Trademark site and will demonstrate the true and authorised registration of the name MiniMist. It is a legal process in the UK that takes a number of months and various stages which includes time for any opposition to challenge the application - there were no challenges during our application period.

Trade marks - find by number

The MiniMist machines have been sold by Tantrick in the UK since July 2005 and after many months of research into new machines we have now launched a more reliable and professional machine which can be used mobile or in the salon - the MiniMist PRO.

The MiniMist PRO is different to any other system in the spray tanning industry. With the combination of the machine and polymer gun, it is unique in its field and is only available from Tantrick Ltd.

If anyone has any questions about what has taken place over the past few weeks, please feel free to ask us either by phoning on 0845 022 22 33 or by sending a pm to myself.

Hope this has helped to clear up any confusion!

Kind regards

Mandy

So what does this mean?

Apollo UV Sunless Equipment in UK
Apollo Sprayers International, Inc. is pleased to announce the appointment of Spray Tan Cubicle Co. Worcester, UK as the only and exclusive authorized distributor and representative of Apollo UV Sunless HVLP Spray Equipment Products in the UK.
Unfortunately, it has become necessary to change the name of the Mini Mist HVLP Sprayer in the UK due to the unauthorized registration of the Apollo Mini Mist name in the UK by Tantrick.
MiniMist® is a registered name of Apollo Sprayers International, Inc. in the USA and will continue to be known as the MiniMist® in the US market.
Any units sold as Mini Mist in the UK and Europe and sold by Tantrick or their representatives are no longer manufactured by Apollo Sprayers International and should not be represented as products of Apollo Sprayers International, USA and the special features of the Apollo product. All units manufactured by Apollo Sprayers International are noted on the unit decal and on the name badge installed at the factory.
Apollo is pleased to be introducing the new improved T100. Look for new features on the T100 Model.
Soon to be introduced will be the TC4 Whisper Mist in addition to the successful TC3 salon and spa Whisper Quiet Workstation developed by Apollo Sprayers International, Inc.
Please direct UK inquires to: [email protected]
www.spraytancubicle.com
Please direct US and International inquires to: Inquiry form on this site

Sounds like Apollo didn't get their act together in the UK, that's all! It may not be authorised by Apollo, but it is authorised by the trade mark system in THIS country and that's what counts! At the end of the day it's the T100 unit!

Has anyone got the new machine yet? I missed seeing this at excel!

I would be interested in this too, I have been really busy with repeat tans and recommendations from current clients this week . So I may have to upgrade.

Tantrick is relatively unknown in Scotland but not for long if my clients are anything to go by.

Due to so many confused, mis-interpreted and incorrect postings, we thought it would be important to share the following factual information with everyone here on the Salon Geek site.

Firstly, Tantrick were invited to name the T100 for their use in the UK by a representitive of Apollo Sprayers USA. The model name for this machine will be found on the serial plate which is located on the underside of the machine.

The following link (Trade marks - find by number) which can be clicked on below is to the official UK Trademark site and will demonstrate the true and authorised registration of the name MiniMist. It is a legal process in the UK that takes a number of months and various stages which includes time for any opposition to challenge the application - there were no challenges during our application period.

Trade marks - find by number

The MiniMist machines have been sold by Tantrick in the UK since July 2005 and after many months of research into new machines we have now launched a more reliable and professional machine which can be used mobile or in the salon - the MiniMist PRO.

But what about all the people who have purchased Minimists from you? Now that you can't supply it, what happens to their warranty's on these machines? Are they still under warranty and can you replace/repair using parts? So many people have the Minimist machine and my friend, who has one, can't afford to fork out a further £800 to upgrade to a new machine if hers breaks.

The MiniMist PRO is different to any other system in the spray tanning industry. With the combination of the machine and polymer gun, it is unique in its field and is only available from Tantrick Ltd

How is it the actual machine unique to Tantrick, when SprayTanCubicle sell it - does the different gun alter the way the machine works?

If anyone has any questions about what has taken place over the past few weeks, please feel free to ask us either by phoning on 0845 022 22 33 or by sending a pm to myself.

Hope this has helped to clear up any confusion!

Kind regards

Mandy

I think that is just my biggest concern, or would original customers need to find their own parts supplier?

But what about all the people who have purchased Minimists from you? Now that you can't supply it, what happens to their warranty's on these machines? Are they still under warranty and can you replace/repair using parts? So many people have the Minimist machine and my friend, who has one, can't afford to fork out a further £800 to upgrade to a new machine if hers breaks.
wouldn't these queries be best answered by approaching the company directly?

Caroline

I really don't know what your issue is with Tantrick, or why you keep trying to cause trouble on the forums. If people do have genuine queries then they can contact us direct and we can continue to support all of our customers.

I am not going to get into any unprofessional responses to your open postings on this site or any other, I have already sent you a PM dealing with other issues but if you want to ask further questions I will be happy to answer them either by PM or a telephone conversation if that would help you.

Mandy

Latest posts

Back