Mink eyelash extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

claudiarose

Reaction score
I've recently trained with A H Francis in eyelash extensions,
but was wondering everyone's experiences with 100% Mink eyelashes???
Have heard some good reports, and wanted some professional feedback!!!
x

I've used real mink. (I assume that's what you mean. Sorry if I've misunderstood)

I thought that they looked beautiful when first applied and loved the way I could apply more than one to each lash. This created a beautiful full, feathery look.

However, they do not hold their curl well and I thought they looked pretty messy at infill time.

I also needed to know a bit more about how they were actually sourced and did not like what I found.

So, for me, I decided not to offer them.

I think mink lashes are a cruel fashion statement and should not be offered when silk lashes are more redily available

I suppose mink lashes are like having a real fur coat there's always going to be people that want reguardless of the ethical opinions of its source

Here is my feedback: From the information that I have gotten about the Mink lashes that we offer, and this is not a sales pitch, merely information.
The lashes are harvested from live minks by combing them, and they are cruelty free. As far as the quality, I wear them merely because they are the only lashes that my flimsy little lashes will hold for any length of time due to the weight of them. It is not true that they don't hold their curl. They hold their curl for the whole time I wear them. I do realize this is a controversial topic, and that not all techs believe in using the mink.
:|
(Please don't shoot me down for giving honest feedback on the topic, fellow geeks)

Sorry to sound thick but are mink eyelashes cruelty to animals?? Only asking cos I was thinking of buying some for my clients. I currently use lashbase lashes which i believe are synthetic lashes.:)

The lashes are harvested from live minks by combing them, and they are cruelty free. .

You and I agree on most things but I have to disagree with this statement. Sorry :sad:

My initial research led me to believe this too but if you dig deeper it really is not the case.

Mink are vicious and, having been kept in cages, will not sit quietly to be groomed (although it is a lovely thought).

They are kept caged on mink farms, culled, and skinned. The pelts are brushed and it is these hairs (from the tail I believe) that is used for mink lashes. They are basically just a waste product from the fur trade. The hairs are cleaned and then curled.

I am not saying that no-one should use mink lashes. It is entirely down to each individual. This was discussed on here some time ago and things got a bit heated. I hope this thread does not go the same way. I just think it is important that people have as much information as possible so they can make an informed decision.

Eyelash Addict, if you have found reliable evidence to the contrary I would love to know that there are ethically sourced mink lashes available and would definitely give them another go.

xx

You and I agree on most things but I have to disagree with this statement. Sorry :sad:

My initial research led me to believe this too but if you dig deeper it really is not the case.

Mink are vicious and, having been kept in cages, will not sit quietly to be groomed (although it is a lovely thought).

They are kept caged on mink farms, culled, and skinned. The pelts are brushed and it is these hairs (from the tail I believe) that is used for mink lashes. They are basically just a waste product from the fur trade. The hairs are cleaned and then curled.

I am not saying that no-one should use mink lashes. It is entirely down to each individual. This was discussed on here some time ago and things got a bit heated. I hope this thread does not go the same way. I just think it is important that people have as much information as possible so they can make an informed decision.

Eyelash Addict, if you have found reliable evidence to the contrary I would love to know that there are ethically sourced mink lashes available and would definitely give them another go.

xx

I would like to believe we are all adult enough to respect each others points of view.:)
I am perfectly fine with being disagreed with. My understanding is that the mink are put through a series of mazes that have rubbery fingers along the sides that 'comb' their fur. Then it is harvested with no animal/human contact.
I am sure there are definitely inhumane ways to harvest mink lashes as well.
When we were searching for a top quality mink lash, we didn't stop looking til we were sure of our source.
I certainly do not advise anyone to change their position, but I ask that mine be respected.
I am also interested in whatever research you did to come to the conclusion that you did, Ellibee. I enjoy your posts, and respect your opinions, as I have come to realize that we do agree on a great many things. :hug:

Last edited:
Before anymore is said can I just say the op was asking for feedback on the actual lashes, not how they are sourced?
I'd hate for an ethical debate to start as clearly there will be no right or wrong answer.
I'm sorry I can't give any feedback on how they actually last/look or feel to use as I personally wouldn't use mink lashes, but I've just had a McDonald's...each to their own :)
X

Before anymore is said can I just say the op was asking for feedback on the actual lashes, not how they are sourced?
I'd hate for an ethical debate to start as clearly there will be no right or wrong answer.
I'm sorry I can't give any feedback on how they actually last/look or feel to use as I personally wouldn't use mink lashes, but I've just had a McDonald's...each to their own :)
X

Thanks for getting us back to the actual question (SQUIRREL!) :)

I wear them, because my lashes can handle the weight of them much better than even the highest quality synthetic lashes, and yes I have tried a great many. They are extremely soft and natural. They wear well if you get good quality, and the curl should stay the whole time you are wearing them. If it doesn't, keep looking for a higher quality.

I am looking at using ethically sourced mink lashes, could you tell me which mink ones you use please

Since posting this message, we have begun using thinner diameters of an amazing silk lash instead of the Siberian Mink. We searched these out because of the ethical debate on the minks and because we couldn't seem to get information that we were satisfied with as to the source of these lashes. Also because we were moving into the world of thinner lighter lashes. The one thing that I was not happy with in a mink lash is that they always seemed to get a 'split end' where you peel them off the strip. I just couldn't find a source for the minks that didn't do this.

Latest posts

Back