Minx Academy!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terrinew16

Reaction score
Hello Everyone...

Just a quick recomendation... I just completed my mani, pedi and minx training with the minx academy and it was fantastic. I would highly recomened them.

Check out their website Home - Minx Academy

Thanks

Terri xx

congrats.. did you get a recognised cert with them or just their attendance one ?? x

congratulations. just had a peek at their site, they come to your home?
yes i too would like to know if you got a certificate of just one of attendance?
also what kit did you have to buy to do this course?

Hello...

Yes they do come to your home, over two days and the can be very flexible.

I didn't have to buy a particular kit. I just bought a starter kit in mani & pedi from salon systems and plan to build my minx up gradually.

I now have 2 minx academy certificates. One for minx it's self and on for mani & pedi. They are accredited by professional beauty direct.

Minx Academy certificates entitle you to insurance.

My tutor's name was Vicky. A lovely lady and very thorough with her training.

Really can't recommend them enough xxx

Okay, I'm confused now, I thought you could only by Minx from Sweetsquared if your in the UK.

As the official distributors, training provided through Sweet Squared (or their sub-distributors) is the only training in the UK that will provide 'Official' Minx training.
Other training providers may offer training that may be recognised by insurers but it is not 'Minx' training... its 'Chocolatepickle school of Minx' training... ie. their own, non affiliated course.

As the official distributors, training provided through Sweet Squared (or their sub-distributors) is the only training in the UK that will provide 'Official' Minx training.
Other training providers may offer training that may be recognised by insurers but it is not 'Minx' training... its 'Chocolatepickle school of Minx' training... ie. their own, non affiliated course.
:( Isn't it a gray area though isn't it?
I guess what that comes down to would be Is a Minx qualification needed for insurance ?

:( Isn't it a gray area though isn't it?
I guess what that comes down to would be Is a Minx qualification needed for insurance ?

I think many insurers would group all nail wraps together regardless of make.
Some insurers will provide insurance for nail wrap services based on the user having a manicure qualification as a minimum standard. I know that certainly was the case when I first started minxing.
For me personally though, I would always want the official training for my products as I can be confident I will be shown the correct and most up to date information regarding the product I was training in.

Plus I love a 'proper' certificate!
I offer Minx and not just any wrap so I'd want my certificate to reflect that :biggrin:
Of course thats just me and my preference. :biggrin:

If you do the S2 training, do you get a "Minx" certificate or an "S2" certificate?

I agree I did my Minx training with CND London forever ago , I never got a certificate but that is ok I didn't have space for another lol I don't understand not going straight to the horse
But if there is no specific required training for something then it's a gray area if there doing wrong or not
" if they are not offical"

If you do the S2 training, do you get a "Minx" certificate or an "S2" certificate?

You get a 'Minx' certificate, as Sweet Squared are authorised distributors for the product and its training.

I agree I did my Minx training with CND London forever ago , I never got a certificate but that is ok I didn't have space for another lol I don't understand not going straight to the horse
But if there is no specific required for something then it's a gray area if there doing wrong or not
" if they are not offical"

Yes I see what your saying now. The grey area is in the differing methods themselves and which is right/wrong... if the end result is the same then thats the most important thing.

That said, I think if you want the best from a product like this though then the best place to go is like you say, to the horses mouth, as they will recommend the way that they see is the best to use their product and they will have chosen their particular method for a reason.

I have attended lots of course in the past & I can honestly say that this course was excellent.

I understand many of your points but to every negative there is a positive.

I work full time. I contacted various different companies and none of them could offer the flexibility that the minx academy were willing to provide.

The Minx Academy were able to train me in the comfort of my home treatment room on a one two on basis.

I was given 2 comprehensive training manuals to keep.

Extensive theory & practical work.

Insurance advice.

Certificates with allow me to register & purchase from sweet squared.

As a result of the fantastic training I now feel happy & confident with mani, pedi & minx.

It may be alot of people's preference to go to the horses mouth, but I went to the company that met my needs and I am thrilled that I did!

A massive thanks to the minx academy! :) xxxx

Latest posts

Back