Minx and Sally Hanson

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hazemalone

Reaction score
Hi all I'm a mobile therapist and I've found that shellac has done wonders for my business, I was wondering about investing in minx I was convinced until I saw Sally Hansen are doing an extremely close nail wrap. I realise that nail wraps have been out a long time but just wondering how well the minx sells, I've left the link for the Sally Hansen if anyone is interested,

Sally Hansen | Salon Effects Real Nail Polish Strips

Also there is some feedback underneath the product some girls gave 5 stars others hated. Maybe it's the age old professional products need professional training for professional results

I don't think that you can achieve the finish or the longevity of Minx with one of these at home kits.

Thanks for replying so quick, I just want tobe certain on what I investing in you know yourself. X

I'm very busy with Minx, especially in the Summer Months.

To be honest with you, the type of client that goes to a Salon, is not the type of client that will buy Sally Hanson, or any other non pro product to do it herself at home.

I'm sure Sally Hanson's products are fine to use at home, but they aren't Minx and won't be the same quality.

I wouldn't worry about it. They also sell hair dye in the shops, but I'm sure the hair salons won't worry too much about that either :wink2:

I know what you mean, I'm just a bit wary as I haven't seen anyone I know sporting minx but I'm goin to go for it I think, I spoke to my local cnd (Dublin) and they said there maybe a free class in January so I'm holding out for that before i buy it

I know what you mean, I'm just a bit wary as I haven't seen anyone I know sporting minx but I'm goin to go for it I think, I spoke to my local cnd (Dublin) and they said there maybe a free class in January so I'm holding out for that before i buy it

The best thing about Minx is, it's not an expensive system to get and a lot of your clients will have never seen it before... believe me, they will love it!!

You'll make your money back on your kit in no time.

Thanks for replying so quick, I just want tobe certain on what I investing in you know yourself. X

Thart's understandable. The best thing you can do is wear it yourself, get it noticed. Good luck! x

Also, 1 thing to note is that these are not nail wraps. these are actually made from nail polish which is not anything like minx. (its in the description on the page.) :)

linzi x

Also, 1 thing to note is that these are not nail wraps. these are actually made from nail polish which is not anything like minx. (its in the description on the page.) :)

linzi x

I didn't know that, I had a quick look through the page earlier at the kit and the colours really. I had a shellac client today and she was interested so that's a good sign already. So I'm defo goin for yay

I triedthe Sally Hanson wraps and did NOT like them. Maybe they work great on flat nails, but mine have a good curve to them and the wrap had creases and cracks at the end of my nail cause it would not fit onto my nails properly. Wasted 10$ I wouldn't invest in it if I were you.

I haven't tried Minx but I've heard it's great.

Hi all I'm a mobile therapist and I've found that shellac has done wonders for my business, I was wondering about investing in minx I was convinced until I saw Sally Hansen are doing an extremely close nail wrap. I realise that nail wraps have been out a long time but just wondering how well the minx sells, I've left the link for the Sally Hansen if anyone is interested,

Sally Hansen | Salon Effects Real Nail Polish Strips

I happened to be at a party last weekend and met a lady that works for Minx and I asked her about Minx vs. Sally Hansen... she said what has been said earlier, the Sally Hansen is actually polish and won't stand up to the Minx... the Minx nails she was wearing were beautiful!

I happened to be at a party last weekend and met a lady that works for Minx and I asked her about Minx vs. Sally Hansen... she said what has been said earlier, the Sally Hansen is actually polish and won't stand up to the Minx... the Minx nails she was wearing were beautiful!

Thats great to know thanks a million x

In the summer I did loads of minx, they last for up to 6 weeks on toes - only a week on hands though! But the minx have hundreds of designs - and if none of your clients have seen them then you'll be in a good position introducing something new :) x

if your allready trained in shellac then defo go for the minx they are amazing and i have been on both lots of training... you can put the minx on top of the shellac and they look amazing especially the new lace designs xx:biggrin:

Latest posts

Back